Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPad pro

Operating System

Latest iOS

My Question or Issue

With the latest iOS app update installed today the popular releases section is missing on iPad (works on iPhone) also no show discography button so can’t get to albums list... 

CBC1E3CF-0212-4C17-89F8-F630C75DB63D.png

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback and patience. 

This is now fixed. Make sure you're rocking the latest version of Spotify! If you still experience issues, please start a thread in the relevant help board :) 

Have a great day.

Related Issues

Comments
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

dmilette
Regular
I actually have a specialized Quality Assurance and testing firm. This is my bread and butter. There is a bug in the iPad version of the app that is causing it to skip this section going directly from popular to featuring artist where typically popular releases (with the show discography button is below the popular section on the iPhone.

Reboot tried and full reinstall from AppStore with zero change.
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hey @dmilette,

Thanks for your reply :)

Does it help if you sign in with another Spotify account?

Also, if possible try signing in to another iPad with your account to see if that makes any difference.

Let me know how that goes.

dmilette
Regular
Nope... it display fine with any account on iPhones but not on iPads. It’s a display issue that popped up with latest release
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hey @dmilette,

Could you let me know the exact iOS and Spotify version?

Also, could you try using the Remove Offline devices and Sign Out Everywhere options from your Spotify account page?

dmilette
Regular

I am not signing off of all my chrome cast and google home devices just because this issue popped up on the iPad software release. It works everywhere fine except the iPads so it’s clearly an issue there. :)

see the iPhone display with proper sub menu showing

585207EC-78C4-4D30-8E85-1C607F7ABCEA.png
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hey @dmilette,

In this case if you'd like to you could try Spotify Beta or Alpha for iOS to see if this might help you with your iPad.

Check this article for more.

dmilette
Regular
How would I go about doing this?

Happy to try and help.
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hey @dmilette,

Check the article for any questions you might have.

Here're the links to:

1. iOS Alpha Sign up
  2. iOS Beta Sign up

Hope it helps :)

GauchitoBavaria
Visitor

This is clearly an Ipad issue as it works on my iphone using the same iOS version 12.

I didn't have any issues before the update came out today! Please fix this asap as it's really annoying.