Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Non-car Bluetooth devices displaying in Car View mode

Hey there,

We've seen reports of some Bluetooth connections to other devices displaying Car View. The right team is aware of this. 

If you're experiencing this, let us know by adding your +Vote the info requested in the Status Update.

All the best!

Hey folks!

We're aware of individual cases where this still happens and will continue looking into the issue.
We don't have an immediate ETA for a fix, but it's on our radar.

Keep your apps up to date at all times and we'll let you know once there's new info on our end 🙂
Thanks!

Comments
Mihail

Hey @titaniumbones and @Kfdepew ,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Just jumping in to let you know that we've passed on the info you've provided to the relevant folks. They'll happily look further into your reports.

Cheers!

pacoguevara

It's happening to me.

Make: Soundpeats

Model: Soundpeats Truefree 2

Spotify app version: 8.6.36.1068

Galaxy S20+ on Android 11

When using them Spotify app turns on driving mode. 

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B08BLM89FJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_JVGMP4M5GAJWB7FF6T69?_encoding=UTF8...

whatsagrace

I’ve been having the issue of my Spotify not recognizing my 2015 Toyota Prius C and turning on CarView. I recently changed the name of the Bluetooth device in my phone settings (iPhone XS Max running iOS 14.6) to my car’s nickname and that’s when the problem began. When I add the name of the car model back into the bluetooth name it recognizes it as a car and will automatically turn on CarView again. Even when the name is changed in the iPhone settings, it’s still registered as a car stereo. I believe the issue is when there’s no recognizable car model but this seems like an oversight considering that it’s still registered as a car stereo. I am running Spotify version 8.6.30.968.

Mihail

Hey @pacoguevara and @whatsagrace ,

Thanks for sharing the relevant info.

We've forwarded your cases to to team in charge. We'll let you know, as soon as there are any news.

Cheers!

Mihail

Hey @whatsagrace ,

Just jumping back in to clarify something - did you try any other troubleshooting steps besides renaming the iPhone like it was before? If not, could you try clean reinstalling the Spotify app and forgetting the car from the Bluetooth settings? That way next time you link them up the connection between the devices will be built anew.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

whatsagrace

@Mihail 

I turned the car off and on again as well as fully closing the Spotify app. However, this has been happening while I am using my car for work, and I haven’t been able to take any more complex steps. I will try those this weekend. 

Tovahn

Hiya,

• Fiio
  • F7 IEMs connected to UTWS1 True Wireless Bluetooth Adapter
  • 'FiiO UTWS1 R (or L) from this phone'
  • Spotify automatically assumes these adapters are a vehicle. It won't accept the Bluetooth receiver I actually use for my JDM vehicle as a car, but I wish it did.

- This happens any time I use these headphones with my phone.

- Has been consistent through app version updates, phone power cycles, uninstall/fresh install and a full reset and device change. (iPhone 8/Samsung S10 with Android 11)

Jeremy

Hi there @Tovahn,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you let us know which version of the app you have, and if possible, how far back in app versions this problem has been occurring in?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

Jeremy

Hi again @Tovahn,

It would be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have, and how far back in app version this been happening so that we can pass the information to the right team.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

jame92

I've got the issue of Spotify entering car mode with my non-car Bluetooth headphones

• Phone: OnePlus 6 (Android)
  • Headphone Make: Anker Soundcore
  • Spotify Connect Name/Model of Headphone: SOUNDCORE LIFE Q35
  • Spotify App Version: 8.6.48.796