Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Non-car Bluetooth devices displaying in Car View mode

Hey there,

We've seen reports of some Bluetooth connections to other devices displaying Car View. The right team is aware of this. 

If you're experiencing this, let us know by adding your +Vote the info requested in the Status Update.

All the best!

Hey folks!

We're aware of individual cases where this still happens and will continue looking into the issue.
We don't have an immediate ETA for a fix, but it's on our radar.

Keep your apps up to date at all times and we'll let you know once there's new info on our end 🙂
Thanks!

Comments
kaereste

Eken YouthWhisper bone conduction headphones, Lite.

Displays as EKEN

Spotify puts me in car mode whenever I'm connected to this headset. At first, I thought it was because my car is parked right outside my room, but I'm in another state, and it's still insisting I'm in a car.

Novy

Hey @kaereste,

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

Would you mind letting us know the make, model and OS version of the device in which you're having this issue with the headset?

It would also be helpful to know the exact Spotify version you're currently running. We'll forward your report to the relevant teams once we have this info.

Keep us posted!

ianthebarman

I solved my issue of Spotify carview no longer auto detecting my Sena motorcycle headset after switching to a new iPhone.

Simply adding the word car to the device name in the Bluetooth settings of the ios menu made it kick back in.

Hope this helps someone out there.

wolfe47

I've got the issue of Spotify entering car mode with my non-car Bluetooth headphones

• Phone: Samsung S10 
  • Headphone Make: Enacfire (ENACFIRE F1 Wireless Earbuds)
  • Spotify Connect Name/Model of Headphone: ENACFIRE F1
  • Spotify App Version: 8.6.62.1029

Edit: Renaming the device to "ENACFIRE F1 Stereo" seems to have solved the issue. 

akaddict

Device name : Tozo-T12 | Phone model : OnePlus Nord 2 | Issue : My tozo T12 headset is detected as a car by Spotify

Xenia
Status changed to: Case Closed

We're retiring our Car View mode, to make way for innovations coming down the track. As such, we're closing this one out because the described behavior will not be possible after the change.

ApordesLV

I'm having a persistent issue where the Spotify app on my s21 ultra thinks my Bluetooth earbuds are a car. Video is disabled in spotify podcasts when I connect to my earbuds. If I disconnect from my earbuds, video returns. There should be a way to tell the spotify app that my earbuds are not a vehicle or for the app to allow users to specify what Bluetooth devices should be audio only and not allow video. This appears to be an issue affecting many other people. I've tried using other Bluetooth earbuds and this issue doesn't happen. It's only with certain Bluetooth earbuds. I'm assuming that something in the Bluetooth profile of my specific earbuds are causing the issue. I have found that if I uninstall the app and then click "maybe later" on the Bluetooth devices permission shown in my attached snapshot that I can view video with my earbuds connected. This doesn't seem to be a permanent fix. When I close and reopen the app, I'm right back to having no video with my earbuds connected. Please assist.

Screenshot_20230517_105025_Spotify.jpg
ssssaaaa

When I connect to my Anker Soundsync (that I've hooked up to my stereo or use it with my headphones), a car icon shows up, though I never use it in my car.

It would make more sense if it just showed up as a speaker or bluetooth receiver icon.

Screenshot_20230619-173451.png
Lyubka

Hey @ssssaaaa,

Thank you for taking the time to report this here in the Community. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We'll forwarded it to the relevant team, however, we can't confirm when or if it will be addressed. 

We'll work on improving the functionality, as Spotify constantly strives to refine the user experience.

In the meantime, please make sure to keep your app up to date with the latest version, so you don't miss out any important fixes or features.

Hope this helps. Take care 🙂 

Pollisco

Plan

premium

Country

MEXICO

Device

Xiaomi POCO

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I just bought new earbuds. Spotify detects them as a car, I didn't thought it would be an issue but, I can't play video on podcasts, must be a safety measure to not distract a driver, but I ain't diving.

How do y change the detection of the earbuds so they aren't confused with a car?

Or how can I play a video even if Spotify thinks I'm playing in on a car?

Help is greatly appreciated.