Announcements

Notifications not updating for a month.

Device:

Windows, Windows, Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Tablet

Operating System Version:

Windows 7, Windows 8, Android x.

Spotify Version:

Last version (reinstalled in every device trying to fix the problem)

Description:

Notifications doesn't update for a month. Now it says they are empty (I will add a photo).

I reinstalled Spotify in all my devices, enabled all notifications from settings but this still does not work.

To reproduce:

1. Go to notifications (bell from top right screen)
  2. My notifications are empty since November.

Workaround:

N/A

Additional information:

I have tried to changing my notification's settings but it doesn't work.

All my notifications are enabled. 

NotificationsError.PNG

Hey there!

This is normal, Spotify are reducing less "important" notifications; focusing on more relevant and important information. Let us know if you need anything else.

Keep on rocking 🙂

Comments
gnovella16
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey there!

This is normal, Spotify are reducing less "important" notifications; focusing on more relevant and important information. Let us know if you need anything else.

Keep on rocking 🙂

rogecuenta2

So how can I know when people update their playlist (which I am following)?

seppino

I'm not receiving playlist updates either. So this is normal? I would rather keep my notifications for playlists so I can instantly know when followed playlists have new songs added.

If I don't get notifcations, I have to check my followed playlists manually?

I would also like to receive these notifications as they were some weeks ago. 

Due to the new settings I miss lots of new tracks and albums! 

liquidice13

@gnovella16 This sucks. I loved all the notifications. Now I have no way to track what's going on with my favorite playlists and artists on Spotify.

ghettobrawl

I haven't gotten ANY notifications in the past few weeks. Not even for people who follow me. Maybe you should let the users decide what is "less important" or not. 

The same thing is happening to me its been 12 days since the last time I received a notification update and I usually get several a day since I follow 1400+ artists.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app.

Logged in from MAC and PC.

Android App notifications are also not coming thru.

What am I gonna do now? I lost all the past 2 weeks notifications and updated albums/songs?

I hope you fix this soon otherwise why the hell am I paying $100 a year for the full service if I am not getting it?

And dont tell me "its fine: or "its ok". Dont even apologise just tell me how to fix it.

Thank you.

Andres.

JamesBas

Mine has totally stopped working too. on all my devices. 

I find it rather annoying. I no longer get an update when a new single is released by an artist i follow. Wonder what apple music do those days…..

dynilsson

I really liked the notification system for notifying me when an artist I follow released a new track. Please re-implement it or a similar function (ie. a playlist where all new tracks from artists you follow automatically gets added).

osornios

After 29 days, notifications came back to me today.

Well, notifications of people following my playlists at least. No artist updates yet.

Hopefully they'll come back soon to you guys too.

Env: prod