Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Now Playing bar missing on Android

Hey folks,

We have received reports that Android users (mostly Samsung users) are unable to see the Now Playing bar on the app whenever they play songs/podcasts.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Hello everyone,

We've been continuing to gather your details in this thread and further looking into matters.

As mentioned previously, the issue with the now playing bar had been resolved for the majority of users about a month ago. The common denominator with every report received afterwards was that this was still intermittently an issue on Samsung phones. 

There's most likely something within how the affected phones process and handle the Spotify app that still causes the now playing bar to misbehave. We'll continue to work on optimizing the app and trying to find a permanent solution for those affected.

While this is ongoing, we want to thank @Tom0527 for posting steps that provide a solution by modifying some phone settings. Follow the instructions in his post and you shouldn't have any more troubles. 

As we now have enough information, the general fix is in place and there's a device-specific solution, we will be marking this thread as Fixed and closing it. With that being said, we want to reiterate that we'll continue in our efforts to improve stability for all supported phone models from our end as well.

Take care!

Comments
davek777
I did the same; transferred all songs, playlists and podcasts to Deezer, subscribed to Deezer Premium and cancelled Spotify and deleted the app.

100 times better. Bye Spotify.

murphysound

Same as most on here but I have something to add......

+ Not only is my playbar no longer showing. If I select a song it normally would open the song & album cover full screen and give me control there as well. Now it doesn't even do that, if I click a song in a playlist, the song just starts playing that's all.

+ My widgets no longer work.

+ My pulldown no longer works. 

+ As soon as my screen sleeps the music pauses until I wake it. 

fyi

I'm using an s21+ 

My girlfriend is experiencing the same issues on her pixel 

rmhaasiii

After updating the Spotify App from the play Store the playbar issue seems to be resolved for me. I have gone all day without any issues.

Android ver 11

Motorola Edge

heinrichdude
Only thing that worked on my S22 was uninstalling then installing the March 31st version from here ...

https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android

Then turn off auto updates in Google Play store settings or you'll be updated to the same garbage.

Hopefully at some point you can turn auto updates back on. When, I dunno.
jeddinger

Updated in Google play and good so far. Galaxy S21ultra

4o4error

Hey, had the same issues on my S22+.

What solved it for me I removed every battery saving option that android activated for my Spotify app.

For now it seems to do the trick, app works fine

euan_s

Issue is still just as prevalent after updating to the latest version 8.7.22.1125 on Android 12 using Poco F3 phone. Play bar disappears in the app, the operating system and the music will just randomly stop. Killing the app brings temporary relief but this isn't a fix.

This has been broken for a week now and plenty of us are paying for subscriptions to use this. Can we get some sort of genuine fix out or roll the app back to before it was broken, or I'll need to move to another app.

AustinGoodnight

Everything works for me on Pixel 6 on 8.7.22.1125 now! 

realstu
Working so far on my Galaxy S10 Plus since I installed the update.
Abextra2013

I have a partial work around for the Missing Play/Pause bar and the need to log out & in again. Just cutoff audio let your play list go to the end and pause itself.  The play button will remain active next use.