Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Now Playing bar missing on Android

Hey folks,

We have received reports that Android users (mostly Samsung users) are unable to see the Now Playing bar on the app whenever they play songs/podcasts.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Hello everyone,

We've been continuing to gather your details in this thread and further looking into matters.

As mentioned previously, the issue with the now playing bar had been resolved for the majority of users about a month ago. The common denominator with every report received afterwards was that this was still intermittently an issue on Samsung phones. 

There's most likely something within how the affected phones process and handle the Spotify app that still causes the now playing bar to misbehave. We'll continue to work on optimizing the app and trying to find a permanent solution for those affected.

While this is ongoing, we want to thank @Tom0527 for posting steps that provide a solution by modifying some phone settings. Follow the instructions in his post and you shouldn't have any more troubles. 

As we now have enough information, the general fix is in place and there's a device-specific solution, we will be marking this thread as Fixed and closing it. With that being said, we want to reiterate that we'll continue in our efforts to improve stability for all supported phone models from our end as well.

Take care!

Comments
Mario
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

We have received reports that Android users (mostly Samsung users) are unable to see the Now Playing bar on the app whenever they play songs/podcasts.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

It'd also be great if you'd provide us with the following info, so we can pass it on to the teams working on this:

• Exact device and Operating System version
  • App version
  • Screenshot/video of the issue
  • Troubleshooting steps tried so far

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

NAPALM74

Samsung Galaxy S22

Android version 12 

• No play status bar in app or in notification bar. Widget on home screen is there but doesn't do anything but open the app. My lock screen widget isn't there. Also the music has been stopping periodically by it self. Tried all the options for fix. None have worked.
  •  
docstrangelove

Same here.

OnePlus 8T - Android 11

Spotify Version 8.7.20.1261

Bullet86

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Huawei P30 Pro 

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Since the latest update I'm having the following issues

Play bar disappears when I'm playing music so can't skip, restart or stop

Music randomly stops playing 

App doesn't remember what I was last playing so goes to home tab every time it opens, very annoying when you'd been listening to a new artist, and go to find out who they are and the bar has gone and you're back at the home tab

4-v1laal_fxhl

Same for me.

1. Device: Poco X3 NFC
  2. Android 10 
  3. Spotify version 8.7.20.1261
SimonTheBestOne

Same here. Galaxy S22 Ultra

Spotify version 8.7.20.1261 

bobizgrate

Hi there- same here. No now playing bar. The only way to stop a track playing is to close the app. I have tried restarting my phone, and the Spotify app is fully updated. Screenshot of my homepage and further details below:

Spotify version 8.7.20.1261

Device: Samsung Galaxy S21 5G

One UI version 4.1

Android version 12 (updated 1 March 2022)

SmartSelect_20220410-110443_Spotify.jpg

Skallagrimsson

Same issue here, on an Asus Zenfone 8, Android 12.

wl4gz_nj-ohqn

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

Samsung Galaxy A52s

Operating System

Android 12 UI 4.1

Same problem as described above.

Additionally: if connected to the cars bluetooth, normally the playback stops if the car is turned off and the bluetooth connection is capped. Now, the playback goes on, on the device itself and there is no other option to stop it, than closing the app via the "Recent apps" screen.

jelmer21

Same problem on oneplus 5T. Removed the app ass suggested, which worked for about half an hour. Please get this sorted Spotify!