Offline Issue

My phone is a Huawei Honor i7. Android version 6.0.1, Spotify version 8.4.26.770 armV7.

If Spotify is shut down when the program has been set to "Offline", you will never be able to start the app again. When you start it you will be asked to log in, but when you do you get a message saying "please go online to connect to spotify". This issue has been for many months now, and it is very disappointing to see that Spotify has done nothing to solve it. When you encounter this problem you will have to uninstall the app and install it again. This means that you will loose all your downloads.

What once was a great app has become the most annoying app I have on my phone. What makes it worse is the lack of customer care shown by Spotify.

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

We've spoken to the tech team, and they're looking into finding a fix for this. We don't have a timeframe for a fix, but hopefully we'll have an update soon. 

In the meantime, we have a workaround for this issue. 

When you get the Please go online to connect to Spotify, just hit cancel > delete password > re-enter pw > log in.

You should be able to get back in this way, without having to reinstall the app. 

Thanks!

Comments
krb2000
Casual Listener
That does not work. I do the login info, and hit log in, says "you are currently set to offline"... "please go online to connect to spotify. So yes, I tried hitting cancel, deleting the password, enterring it again, and hitting login, and I'm right back to the SAME screen that says "you are currently set to offline". That does absolutely nothing.. This is getting a bit old cause I'm paying for this service. Please advise. I can delete and re download, but I don't I don't want to keep doing this every week!

jo_993

I had this issue on my Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 with Android 7.0, Spotify version 8.4.28.875.

To explain how my problem started: I subscribed to Spotify premium yesterday and at one point went into settings and turned on "Offline mode". I then turned it off again, but got the message "No internet connection available", which didn't go away, even though I was still connected to WiFi. I later tried logging out of Spotify, but when I tried to log in (with Facebook) got the message "Please go online to connect to Spotify".

Since I couldn't log in, I have reinstalled Spotify, and so far things are okay. I tried turning Offline mode on and off again, and each time I do, I briefly get the "No internet connection available" message, but it then goes away and I am able to download music.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

We've spoken to the tech team, and they're looking into finding a fix for this. We don't have a timeframe for a fix, but hopefully we'll have an update soon. 

In the meantime, we have a workaround for this issue. 

When you get the Please go online to connect to Spotify, just hit cancel > delete password > re-enter pw > log in.

You should be able to get back in this way, without having to reinstall the app. 

Thanks!