Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Issue

My phone is a Huawei Honor i7. Android version 6.0.1, Spotify version 8.4.26.770 armV7.

If Spotify is shut down when the program has been set to "Offline", you will never be able to start the app again. When you start it you will be asked to log in, but when you do you get a message saying "please go online to connect to spotify". This issue has been for many months now, and it is very disappointing to see that Spotify has done nothing to solve it. When you encounter this problem you will have to uninstall the app and install it again. This means that you will loose all your downloads.

What once was a great app has become the most annoying app I have on my phone. What makes it worse is the lack of customer care shown by Spotify.

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

We've spoken to the tech team, and they're looking into finding a fix for this. We don't have a timeframe for a fix, but hopefully we'll have an update soon. 

In the meantime, we have a workaround for this issue. 

When you get the Please go online to connect to Spotify, just hit cancel > delete password > re-enter pw > log in.

You should be able to get back in this way, without having to reinstall the app. 

Thanks!

Comments
Tinamurphy40

I have a LG X Style Android phone and I'm having the same issue with no results and I think that spodify not only needs to resolve thia issue but they should also refund us for the inconvenience.

Alfredo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @Cjo81 and @Tinamurphy40, welcome to the community!

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Let's make sure your Spotify version is up to date since version 8.4.28 is rolling out as we speak.

Let us know if the same thing happens when you have this version up and running.

All the best.

Jack

Hi @Cjo81 and @Tinamurphy40!

Thanks for bringing up that you're both experiencing this. As @Alfredo has said, it'd be good to confirm that you're both on the latest version. Let us know if you are 🙂

Could also try the following in the meantime, to let us know if you can log in successfully?

When you get the 'currently set to offline' screen, could you hit cancel > delete the password > re-enter the password > log in again? Let us know if you can log in this way without having to reinstall the app entirely.

Keep us posted.

yeib

Same issue, since longer than a month. There is no solution for this. And no, delete password is unavailable as well.

Always in the latest version of the app.

Moto G (1st gen) XT1040

SergioDavid
Status changed to: Under investigation

Jack
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hi all,

Just so you’re aware, this has already been reported to the devs, who are investigating.

If you’re new to the thread, let us know:

• Make / Model of the mobile device
  • Software version
  • App version

Could also try the following in the meantime, to let us know if you can log in successfully?

When you get the 'currently set to offline' screen, hit cancel > delete the password > re-enter the password > log in again.

Let us know if you can log in this way without having to reinstall the app entirely; it’s worked for others elsewhere.

Thanks,

krb2000

Happening to me too, and it's been going on few weeks...I reinstalled and downloaded all music again last week. Now this morning I was on a plane and went to listen to my download songs (which I should be able to do since I PAY for this) and wouldn't let me log on. So 3 hour flight with zero music. I use a Samsung Galaxy s5, and it is version 8.4.28.875.   Still can't log on even though I'm home.  Guess I'll uninstall and redownliad AGAIN. Hope this is fixed very soon. It sucked to not be able to use this on a 3 hour flight.  A short glitch I understand,  but as long as this has been going on they should reinburse customers something. 

Chris

Hey @krb2000,

Thanks for letting us know. 

When you got the 'currently set to offline' screen, did you try hitting cancel > delete the password > re-enter the password > log in again? 

That should help out for now. We'll let you know once we have some news on this!

Fajsha

Hi, I'm using a Sony Xperia XA Ultra, I was stuck at offline mode, tried logging out and relogging, it didn't work and made things worse, now can't even log in, when I type my password it just loops de "cancel/connect" options, and if I try to log in using Facebook, same options appears BUT if I choose "connect", screens stays black and no further options for about 4 mins, then loops again

Cjo81

Hi JackS

"When you get the 'currently set to offline' screen, hit cancel > delete the password > re-enter the password > log in again.

Let us know if you can log in this way without having to reinstall the app entirely; it’s worked for others elsewhere."

1. That doesn't work, and I cannot see anyone else reporting that it works either.

2. Yes I am painfully aware that this has been reported previously, as I reported this the first time back in August. Others had already reported the same earlier.

3. yes I am using the latest version of Spotify.

4. Has this even been reported to any software developer who works with the app? All the responses I have seen are typical Front End Support responses of the type; "Have you tried switching it off and on again..."

5. Please take this issue seriously and solve it as quickly as possible. People are paying for this.

6. Personally I don't care what you do, as I just cancelled my subscription.

good luck