Other peoples playlists and likes showed up on my profile

Hi all,

Other peoples playlists showed up on my profile and there are also a bunch of random likes that I did not select. This throws off my discovery weekly which I am pretty stinking furious about. This all started when I clicked on Spotify connect to see if it would help me discover my bluetooth reciever. Now when I am in a public place some random people start playing music on my phone, this is also happening now in my home probably because one of the tenants in my building has spotify. Please help! I tried to turn off the spotify connect but now theres not a way back. 

Thanks!

-Madison

Hi @MadHerper

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're sorry to hear that you're having this trouble. In this instance, the best thing we can suggest would be to follow these steps:

1: Make sure that you're logged out from all devices. Head over to this link to do so.

2: Refresh your password to something super secure.

Just as a side note, Spotify Connect is accessible to anyone that has used that particular Connect enabled device before, and will be accessible to those who have access to the network that you're using.

We hope that helps out further, but do let us know if there's anything else at all.

Thanks,

Jason

0 Likes
Comments
Jason
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hi @MadHerper

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're sorry to hear that you're having this trouble. In this instance, the best thing we can suggest would be to follow these steps:

1: Make sure that you're logged out from all devices. Head over to this link to do so.

2: Refresh your password to something super secure.

Just as a side note, Spotify Connect is accessible to anyone that has used that particular Connect enabled device before, and will be accessible to those who have access to the network that you're using.

We hope that helps out further, but do let us know if there's anything else at all.

Thanks,

Jason

Related Issues