PS3 app freezing after 3/4 songs played

Device:

PS3  

Additional information:

Hey folks, we're aware that some users have reported that the PS3 app will frequently freeze after playing 3/4 songs from any context--even on the latest firmare and after reinstalling the app/ logging in and out. 

We can assure you we're on the case and inestigating. We'll let you know once this has been resolved. Thanks for your patience while we work on this for you. 

Awesome! 

We're setting this as "Fixed". Feel free to give us a shout if Spotify starts to misbehave again.

Keep on dancing 🙂 

0 Likes
Comments
meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks, we're aware that some users have reported that the PS3 app will frequently freeze after playing 3/4 songs from any context--even on the latest firmware and after reinstalling the app/ logging in and out. 

It would be a great help if you could all post the following details if you're experiencing this:
1. Network Connection Type Wired/Wireless:
2. Provider/Uplinks/Downlink speed:
przemekk711

Hi,

Wired from provider to router
Wireless (802.11b) from router to PS3. 

ADSL(RFC 2516 PPPoE)/637 Kbps/2525 Kbps

The PS3 still freezes and stops to react on a pad. I have to restart the PS3.
I noticed that Spotify always stops to play when it starts a new song or an advertisement.

adityasv

Hey folks, we're aware that some users have reported that the PS3 app will frequently freeze after playing 3/4 songs from any context--even on the latest firmware and after reinstalling the app/ logging in and out

Yes. Crashes after playing  3/ 4 songs. Always before a new song starts.

1. Network Connection Type Wired/Wireless: Wired connection

2. Provider/Uplinks/Downlink speed: 50 Mbps cable modem

We can assure you we're on the case and investigating. Thanks for your patience while we work on this for you.

breekr
Wireless

Century Link/~13MBPS/~.75MBPS

I cannot believe we're still having this issue, and that you forced us from the previous thread over to this one, after fixing an issue that we weren't even discussing in that thread. I know it's hard to figure out what could be causing issues for a handful of people, but it doesn't seem like you're even doing **bleep** - much less do you care. Thanks, Spotify, so much.
Travisty78

I have the same issues and want it back. It freezes frequently and I wish Ps3 stuck with Music Unlimited

Skep

I've not had this issue before. It started today. What's changed? I haven't upgraded any software on my end. I am on a 1st generation PS3 with the latest updates installed. 

Skep

if i may add, this issue is happeneing rather instantaneously i log into spotify on PS3, regardless of not i try to play a song

Harro0402

I had this Problem once... (about a year ago... )

Can't even tell what fixed it in the end, but now it occured the absolutely same way again.

Doesn't matter if I play a song:

Start Spotify -> 1 or 2 Minutes .. -> ps3 crashes.

I solved it meanwhile by reinstalling the Spotify app.

I deleted the Spotify app from ps3 System (with the triangle-button) , downloaded it again and reinstalled it.

Works fine for me. I'm listening to Music about an hour now ...no crashes ...

give it a try

BTW:

connection type: wired

providerspeed: 16Mbit ADSL // 8,5 Mbit/s down // 1,1 Mbit/s up

.. but I see no dependencies with that ...

Kind regards...

DonJaap82

Still having this problem, Spotify crashes after roughly 3 to 4 songs.

Allready tried re installing the application, didn't solve the issue.

Wireless

Ziggo NL / 15Mbit / 150Mbit
CalAlbè
Wireless

Net Virtua / 2.99 mbps / 31.89 mbps

Related Issues