[PS4/Playstation] Spotify wont play every song

Device:

PS4

Operating System Version:

ps4

Spotify Version:

just updated

Description:

I want to play a song on the Playstation app, so I go to a playlist and hit X when being in the coverflow view, sometimes that song starts, sometimes it doesn't. When it does an i go to the next song it very often just pauses and does not continue. And then, when I go to the next song it starts playing the first song for like half a second and then immediately pauses again and so on with the next few songs until it comes to another song that it will play normally. 

To reproduce:

1. open playlist in ps4 app
  2. start playing (will immediately go back to pause...)
  3. Additional information:

I have shuffle an repeat all enabled

Behaves exactly the same, when playing the music on the ps4 and controlling with the android 6.0 phone

Hey everybody!

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue. We've been given the all-clear from the teams backstage and haven't seen any recent reports on this thread. With this being the case, we're going to be closing this thread as "Fixed".

If you're having issues, please make sure that you're rocking the latest version of Spotify and your PS4 firmware is up-to-date. If after this you're still having issues then please let us know 🙂

Cheers.

Comments
afro-juli

Setting MTU to 1450 worked for me, too. Try it!

Steph_B
Roadie

Hey guys!

Thanks for your patience. 

Our team's still looking into this as we speak.

We'll keep you posted. 

Ellingsen00
Hhhh
lord_of_lagg

hey everyone, long long time premium spotify user, this issue with ps4 has been very annoying, just set MTU to 1450 on ps4 and seems to have fixed!   however do see ps4 connection test dropped from 37 mbps to 20 mbps...dont know what consequences this has..

p

Steph_B
Roadie

Hello, and thank you for writing!

Our developers are investigating this issue. While we don't know when it might be fixed, please make sure you always have the newest version of the Spotify app.

This is the best way to be certain you're getting our most recent fixes and new features.

We'll make sure to post any updates here. 

FubarFrenzy
Regular

Is the quality on the PS4 Spotify ever going to be 320kbps???

Steph_B
Roadie

@bfubarbara Hey!

We don't have any info on this at the moment, but stay tuned for any updates. 

Lis-
Spotify Legend

Hey!

Just to keep you posted, this is still being looked into.

As soon as we have any news, we'll let you know.

Nlaubach1520

Could someone explain how this is 'still being looked into' 6 months after the original post?  

MissMarie
Exactly the same issue. I pay for premium too, along with PSN, Sonora not really fair to be honest. These problems have been happening since November last year, going off the OP. Irs now June!

Related Issues