Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Pakistan] Cannot pay via debit card

[Pakistan] Cannot pay via debit card

Plan

Premium

Country

Pakistan

Device

Galaxy s10+

Operating System

Win 10

My Question or Issue

I am trying to get premium in Pakistan via debit card. Both my cards (different banks) are online banking activated but the payment keeps getting declined. Since Pakistan just got added to spotify today, is there a chance that online banking is not active from Spotify's end? Kindly advise what I should do. 

47 Replies

Hi there!

I think you might be interested in this article here. 

I personally don't know if Spotify doesn't allow debit card as a payment method in a particular area, but according to the page, it says  *Note: If you're in a country which does not support this payment method, then clicking on the link will give you a 404 error.

Does the 404 error show for you? If so, then your payment method is not supported.

I'd also recommend this article about Payment Help. 

Payment Help - Spotify 

Hope this helps!

I have the same issue. Can't pay with debit card.

Hey there @Ayushk222

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we suggest that you try again from an incognito window on a PC and using a different internet connection. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know in which type of Premium are you interested in?

On another note, we recommend checking if your payment method meets these requirements. 

Lastly, could you send us a screenshot of the error message you're getting when you're trying to subscribe? Make sure not to send any private info. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I am interested in Premium for Students. I have already gone through the verification process and have been successfully verified.

This is the message I get.

The message from the bank says I entered incorrect details even though they were correct.

Ayushk222_0-1614269541868.png

I'm also having the same issue. I am trying to subscribe for a Family package with my Debit Card but it gives the error message as displayed in the attachment. 
Also , yes I have gone through the requirements. I have tried using a different browser/internet and also incognito mode. My debit card is of Pakistan and also my account region is set to Pakistan.

Kindly look into this matter.

Note : Upon payment, my card does go through but when OTP comes up and I enter the OTP, after that it gives the error.

failed payment.PNG

I have also tried doing this on different browsers and on Incognito mode and the Spotify region is also set to Pakistan.

Hi @Ayushk222

Thanks for your quick reply. 

Just to confirm, have you already tried from an incognito window on a PC and using a different internet connection? You can also give it a go with a different browser.

Also, we suggest that you try with a different payment method. You can check the ones available on the link we sent previously. 

If after trying those steps you're still unable to subscribe, we recommend contacting your bank/card provider for further info. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello there.
I wanted to point out that my other friends (like 3 or 4 of them) have tried using their own debit cards as-well (different banks/different payment methods) and they are facing the same issue which is pretty much frustrating.

I have tried on Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox and on incognito on all three as well with a different internet connection but the problem still persists and as for the payments method part the only payment method is by card. I have tried both MasterCard and Visa (both are from different banks) and both don't work.

But I will try contacting the bank tomorrow.

Edit: I thought about trying to contact the bank but @wasilahmed and his friends also seem to be facing the same problem so I doubt that there is a problem with multiple banks at once.

Hello again. 

I just contacted by bank and they told me that there is no issues from their side regarding the payment process and that my card is active and running. 

Kindly look into this issue and solve it.

Thankyou.

@wasilahmed

Which banks have you tried? I have tried HBL, Bank Al-Habib and MeezanBank.

Me and my friends have tried Meezan Bank and UBL but they weren't working.
2 of my friends got it working by using a MeezanBank credit card and mobile pay option through Zong or Telenor.

Edit : My friend just got it working by using a Credit Card.

@wasilahmed sadly I don't have either Zong or Telenor. If only EasyPaisa or JazzCash was an alternative I'd have been able to do something.

@wasilahmed wouldn't that mean that debit cards are not working? If so, then I hope Spotify adds an alternative payment method that supports recurring payments.

Yes, indeed debit cards are not working. I hope Spotify fixes this too.

Hi folks! 

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

We recommend trying to subscribe again in 24 hours. 

If after 24 hours you're still unable to subscribe, let us know and we'll keep investigating. 

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator

So I just contacted MeezanBank and they said that they have server issues going on and that it should be fixed within 2-3 days, hopefully. I also tried contacting HBL but for some reason, the call wouldn't even connect so I gave up on that end.

One of my friends last night successfully purchased Spotify Premium using an HBL debit card (MasterCard) so @wasilahmed you can try that if a friend of yours has HBL and just transfer money to them monthly or get your own HBL account. I am going to wait and try on Monday and hopefully the issue is resolved by then.

Also, I would like to apologize for before for jumping to conclusions and thinking it was a Spotify problem.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

In the meantime we'd recommend that you also give these steps a try:
  • The steps mentioned in this support article
  • A different network connection
  • A different device
  • A different browser
  • An incognito or private window
  • Try again after 24 hours
If you’re still experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments. You can also leave us a comment with the following info:
  • The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far and the outcome
  • A screenshot of the error message that you see
Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.
Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I just tried to purchase a premium subscription using Meezan Bank Debit Card, I get OTP every time but after processing OTP I get an error message saying:

The payment failed. Please try again, or use a different payment method. Go to our Support.

I also receive an error message from the bank when I tried to purchase membership using my mobile. Error message from the bank was:

Your transaction cannot be processed due to Invalid CVV entry/Invalid Expiry entry. Please enter valid CVV/Expiry.

I tried multiple times from my mobile phone but receive the same error message from the bank. My debit card is working fine everywhere else.
I didn't get this error message from the bank when I tried to purchase a subscription from my laptop.
I hope this info will help you in tracking the problem and then fixing it 🙂

Suggested posts