I noticed an abnormal increase in the MBs written onto the SSD over the past few weeks or probabely monthes (I guess it was 1 TB over one month). With the help of SsdReady and the resource monitor in Windows 10 I could see that Spotify was periodically updating the files mercury.db and mercury.db-wal cause over 6 GB of writes per hour. There is another file with the name etilqs_*********** where the asterisks indicate some random letters. This file is also being periodically updated and rewritten but this time in the TEMP folder (AppData\Local\Temp).
I used the software "Process Monitor" from microsoft this time to monitor the writes regarding etliqs and the process spotify.exe caused about 280000 writes at the time. This has accompanied the rewriting of the two files mentioned earlier.
As a temporary solution I moved the WHOLE Spotify folder from the AppData\Local to a partition on the HDD Disk and created a symbolic link and had to change the environment variable of TEMP to another drive which has "fixed" the problem (now it has been an hour with 300 MB written only).
I hope the developers will further inspect this issue.
It seems we didn't receive a reply from your end. For this reason, we're setting this post as "Closed".
Don't hesitate to write us back if you need some extra help.