Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback bar stutters on the desktop app.

Hey there,

We've received reports about the playback bar stuttering or freezing during playback on the desktop app.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
bruhxandror2

Plan

Premium

Device

Mac mini mid-2011

Operating System

High Sierra 10.13.16

My Question or Issue

The playback bar always stops moving when I put it at the very beginning of the song, even when you're not playing. The only way to fix it as of now is to skim it in the middle or a little bit off the start.

I've been using it less frequently all because of this.

Novy

Hey folks, 

We've merged all threads about this issue into one and forwarded your reports to the teams in charge. This is being looked into.

While we can't commit to a specific timeline for this to be fixed, we'd recommend keeping your app up to date so that you don't miss out on any developments. 

Cheers!

Yordan

Hi @bruhxandror2!

Are you able to consistently reproduce this issue? I tried reproducing it on my end, but I couldn't - the playback bar was moving as it should.

Feel free to let us know what troubleshooting you've tried already so we avoid repeating the steps. If you haven't already, try reinstalling the app by following the steps in this article. You can also try disabling the Hardware acceleration by clicking on the three dots menu in the upper left corner > View > Hardware acceleration and toggle it off to see if that would do the trick.

In any case a short screen recording which shows the app's behavior would be greatly appreciated. That way we can get a clear idea of what's happening on your end.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

bruhxandror2

Yes, I have. I recently opened up Spotify and tried to do this issue as I scrub the playback bar to the very beginning, the issue still persists. Even when I have Hardware acceleration off, the issue is still there. To make this issue work, you have to scrub the playback bar at very beginning of the song, 0:00. If the playback doesn't move when you scrub the playback to the start, the issue is taking effect. To fix this issue, scrub the playback anywhere but 0:00. It should continue to move. As what I noted in the post, I'm on High Sierra 10.13.16 on mac mini mid-2011.

Dian
Status changed to: Under investigation

We've relayed your reports to our tech team and they are currently investigating the causes of this behavior.

We will keep you updated and in the meantime you can post the operating system version and app version you're currently using if the following troubleshooting has not resolved the issue already:

- performing a clean reinstall of the app as described here.

- checking the network connection by using a different one, e.g. a hot spot through a mobile device.

If you experience this issue, make sure to leave your vote, so we can get a better overview.

Cheers!

amd64fox

This was not fixed in the new version 1.1.89.854.g014f081d

Viraemia

I guess this is the next issue of the week that gets progressively drawn out over the next year without a real solution. At my final straw with Spotify where something as monumentally crucial like the progress bar doesn't work properly. 

Chillpad

Hello!
First time I'm posting, but I use the progress-bar a lot for work, and everytime I drag the progress-"ball" back to the beginning now, it just freezes at 0:00. If I drag it to 0:01, it works fine again. Also freezes up randomly every now and then. I've had this issue for a week or two now.

Version

1.1.88.612.gcc.529952

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Razer Blade Base 15''

Operating System

Windows 10

amd64fox

New version 1.1.89.862.g94554d24 released, bug not fixed

Nethervoid

Can confirm what @amd64fox is saying.  Bug not fixed as of the latest update.  Tested it using steps I posted previously.  Happens less frequently now.