Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback bar stutters on the desktop app.

Hey there,

We've received reports about the playback bar stuttering or freezing during playback on the desktop app.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Weich

Dear @Alex. Thanks for the update on this! The problem seems to be fixed in my case. Glad you found a solution here and I hope all the others can confirm this.

I really hope you also had time to forward such a major issue to a decision maker in your company to take more care about the desktop releases in the future. An idea would be: In general more testing before releasing a new version and maybe rethink the strategy of adopting all mobile features directly to the desktop version. My feeling is that the desktop version became less user-friendly and suffered in stability in the last few years. "Never change a running system" 😉
Thanks again for your help & cheers!

bruhxandror2

To @Alex and Spotify Devs,

Thank you and Spotify Devs so much! I'm giving you a little update about my case, I recently switched to Windows from Mac. When I launched Spotify and tried to do the bug, I'm relieved that it's now gone. A little funnily enough, I thought that only works for old Mac computers even though I forgot that there are people who are on Windows or newer Mac computers who have that issue.

Kaysha

@Alex Fixed for me on MacOs Monterey

Thanks

Novy
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!