Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback bar stutters on the desktop app.

Hey there,

We've received reports about the playback bar stuttering or freezing during playback on the desktop app.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
drobxl

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(Windows Desktop, Windows Laptop)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

Hi, since the most recent Spotify update (1.1.88.612.gcc529952) the song progress bar randomly freezes up, or just doesn't show at all. or just shows frozen at the wrong time of the song. I have the same issue over two devices, and I see many other people are also having this issue. Is there a fix incoming or a way to fix it? Thanks

archerious

Same issue, I made a thread on this as well. Two others replied they are affected. 

AndresM

Hey @Hardcoreboogie,

Thanks for this info. 

Just to confirm, do you have any DJ apps/software for mixing, creating tunes or any third-party peripherals/audio device (e.g. DJ mixing controllers, USB headsets, digital-to-analog converters)?

Changing tunes, let us know if this happens when using another network such as 4-5G or a different WiFi network.

Lastly, we suggest logging in with a different account (if possible) and tell us if the same behavior persists.

We'll be waiting for your reply. 

Alex

Hi folks,

Thanks for flagging this with us.

Can you please let us know the following info, so we can investigate this further:

• Device and OS version
  • Spotify version

@archerious, thank you for the recording.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Jeremy

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts and for letting us know about this. Let's take a closer look into this together.

To start with, can you let us know if this occurs while using the web player as well?

In the meantime we recommend that you make sure there's no old cache files causing this by following the steps provided here.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

Hardcoreboogie

Software

No, I don't use any of the kind you mentioned.

During the last days - before and after the latest Spotify update - only a browser and Spotify in the background.

My hardware setup is very "cabled".

Peripherals

Currently only a set of USB speakers.

Internet connection

Fiber-optics: 200 Mbit/s. Cable runs directly from modem to PC.

I checked the connection through WiFi 4G.

In both cases Spotify runs smoothly: fast page/playlist load, no glitches whatsoever.

Except...the progress bar-issue.

I don't use the Spotify mobile app. So I can't do "a walk in town" to check different networks :))

Maybe another user can offer more insights here...

Logging  in with different account

Did that a few days ago already. The progress bar had the same glitch on both of my accounts.

amd64fox

This happens with versions 1.1.88.612.gcc529952 and 1.1.88.595.geb13be4d.

I tried a clean reinstall and that didn't help.

There is no such bug in the web version.

DedKul

I've been having the same issue since the last update. If I try to skip a little part of a song, the seek bar freezes at that time but the music keeps playing. And if I try to move the seek bar then music will start playing from the time where I leave the play-head but then it again freezes at that time.

CommunistBatman

Same for me on Windows 10: 

Spotify for Windows
1.1.88.612.gcc529952

Only additional detail I can mention is I often switch between PC and two Android devices playing music, but I see the issue regardless of whether I have been interacting with anything but the windows app.  

For example I will be 1 minute into a song but it says I'm 7 seconds in for example and its frozen there. If I select a new song it sometimes fixes itself but its annoying and it doesn't always fix.