Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback bar stutters on the desktop app.

Hey there,

We've received reports about the playback bar stuttering or freezing during playback on the desktop app.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
sheíla

I'm having the same issue and it's killing me. Tried to reinstall 3 times now. Doesn't help. The bar just freezes randomly. Makes it really annoying to use spotify and would be a reason to cancel premium if i can't fix it. That's because i like to easily go through new songs to discover which is super annoying with this freezing. It is just not usable for me the way it is now.

archerious

Device - Windows PC - Intel 12700K, 32GB RAM etc (I built it so no brand name)

Operating System: Windows 11

Spotify version: Spotify for Windows 1.1.88.612.gcc529952

Numbox

I've been having the exact same issue. Windows 10.

Jeremy

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies.

Are you ale to using the steps that was mentioned by @Nethervoid ?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

Croolman

Same issue, quite annoying

Spotify version: 1.1.88.612.gcc529952

drewendly

Why is it that every time an employee suggests a fix it always has something to do with removing cache files. I do not want to spend the time effort and bandwidth redownloading, especially because I also have local files cached onto multiple devices. The ability to do that is one thing that is keeping me from switching to Tidal or Apple music. Why would cached audio files be affecting the timecode/playhead when streaming new music???

MirrorLake

I'm experiencing this bug as well. The progress bar and song time freezes--like right now, my music is permanently stuck at 1:48 and I have no clue where in the song I actually am. The music has been playing normally.

The track just changed, and even though it should've reset to 0:00 at the beginning of the next song, it's still stuck at 1:48. If I click somewhere in the progress bar, the time starts updating correctly again.

EndstyleGG

Same problem,

PC : Windows 11 Pro updated to latest stable release (10.0.22000 Build 22000) AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32 GB ram, SSD 1TB, etc. 

Spotify : 1.1.88.612.gcc529952

Danelf

This is also affecting me, the progress bar sometimes freezes and/or sometimes shows the wrong length of a song. This has started happening since maybe 1-2 weeks back? at least that's when I noticed it. I'm on windows using 'Spotify for Windows
1.1.88.612.gcc529952'

emyrrmo

When Playing a song on Spotify's Desktop App (macOS, not sure about Windows), and skipping part of the way through a song the progress bar at the bottom of the screen does not move to the beginning and keeps moving as if the last song is still playing.