Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback bar stutters on the desktop app.

Hey there,

We've received reports about the playback bar stuttering or freezing during playback on the desktop app.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Kaysha

Same issue on Mac OS 12.3.1

Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon)
1.1.89.862.g94554d24

nalestar

I don't think it's related to Windows because I have the exact same issue even though I'm on macOS, hopefully they can fix this soon, pretty annoying 😮💨

TootNoot

Ah it must a full desktop version bug then, thank you for confirming!

delajungle

Same issue since + 2 weeks :

Plan
Premium
Device
Mac mini  / Desktop MacOS
Operating System
BigSur 11.6.2
Spotify (Apple Silicon) 
1.1.89.862.g94554d24

If I Relaunch the app, it's OK until I push the cursor and it freezes again...
Gregory_win10

Same problem on Win 10. It's very inconvenient!

Viraemia

Still an issue. Where is the communication from Spotify about this? 

aztro1

Same issue for about 4 weeks

Plan
Premium
Operating System
Win 10

I have tried everything mentioned in this thread and more. I even tried re-installing windows but the bug still persist 
Fannsi69

It's crazy that this is an issue for the biggest audio software in the world. It's the most basic function of a audio playing program, yet it doesn't work in the biggest audio streaming software in the world. Even for paying customers. Y'all gats ta fix this asap. I've been complaining pretty much every week this last month. It would be understandable if this wasn't fixed if you only had one part time programmer working for you, but I know y'alls gat like a bajillion top grade programmers working for y'alls so...

Fannsi69

I can't emphasize how critical this issue is. It is a CORE function of an audio streaming service. I'm a web developer and I'm absolutely flabbergasted about how this is still an issue. wth. Fix it.

Alex

Hey folks,

We're happy to say that this should be fixed in the latest version of the app.

Please update to the most recent version and let us know if the issue still continues for you.

Cheers.