Playback controls not working on lock screen

I've waited for a responsefor 2 weeks now... My lock screen pausing no longer works. I've tried a hard reset multiple times.I turned it off and restarted it before installing. My phone is up to date. This is not isolated to only my device. this is a huge safety concern for me while I'm driving.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy s8

Operating System

Android version 9

My Question or Issue

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

It should now be fixed for everyone. Just as a heads-up, double-check your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Burrcore
Casual Listener

@Peter thanks for looking into this.

Plan: Premium

Device: SAMSUNG A70

Operating System: Android 9 (let me know if you need further software info)

Spotify Version: 8.5.48.1049 (at time of posting) and issue has persisted into 8.5.50.916.

Screenshot of issue:

Spotify lockscreen bug.jpg

salomonsuspect

Any update on this @Peter? I have the same issue.

Xenia
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your reporting this and providing us all the info. We've passed this all to our developers who are looking into it.

For now, we suggest you try the following steps to replace the lock screen controls with the Spotify notification widget:

1. Go to Settings > Lock screen > FaceWidgets > turn off Music
  2. Still in your Settings > Lock screen > Notifications > View style > Detailed

If this doesn't work for you, it'd be great if you could add your +VOTE to this thread and leave a comment with the following info below:

• your device + OS version
  • the exact Spotify version running on your device
  • a screenshot of how the lock-screen appears?
  • does this occur when you're using a Bluetooth device?

We'll keep you updated in this thread so make sure you've subscribed, thanks!

kicker1
Regular

Maybe there are problems with too

aggressive battery saving meassurements:

I have posted more details here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Spotify-Lockscreen-Controls-Lose-Connection-to-Google-Home/...

salomonsuspect

I hope we can get this fixed:

My details:

Device: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U)

Spotify Version: 5.5.54.869

Screenshot_20200427-100631_One UI Home.jpg

jonny00490
Music Fan

@Peterthis works on my Galaxy S8 running Android 9 and Spotify v8.5.55.1105.

HOWEVER, there was a reason I had 'icons only' selected and that is because I don't want detailed notifications on my lock screen. This is a workaround not a fix.

Please continue to look into why the Music Face Widget has stopped working with Spotify (it still works with my various podcast apps)

Katerina

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bearing with us!

Our tech teams would like to know if this is still happening on the latest Spotify version available, as well as if it's Bluetooth-related.

If you haven't already, it'd be helpful if you could include the details requested in the status update so we can pass them along.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

Rubaeno

@Katerina Although I had this exact issue before, my lock screen playback controls all fully work now!

My phone details are:

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+

Spotify Version: 8.5.55.1105

Burrcore
Casual Listener

Details already posted. Still occuring. Not Bluetooth related. Interestingly play works but not pause. All suggested fixes and bugs do not work. Every other app: Apple Music, Amazon music, Netflix, SoundCloud, Tidal, they all work flawlessly. On Android you can easily pirate music. I'm trying to understand what I'm paying for with Spotify... Maybe @Peter @Katerina have some insight?

salomonsuspect

Yes I still see the issue with the latest Spotify.

I have version 8.5.55.1105 which according to the play store is the latest version and I still cannot pause the music.