Playback controls not working on lock screen

I've waited for a responsefor 2 weeks now... My lock screen pausing no longer works. I've tried a hard reset multiple times.I turned it off and restarted it before installing. My phone is up to date. This is not isolated to only my device. this is a huge safety concern for me while I'm driving.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy s8

Operating System

Android version 9

My Question or Issue

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

It should now be fixed for everyone. Just as a heads-up, double-check your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
salomonsuspect

Looks like the lockscreen controls were fixed in the latest update for me:

v8.5.57.1164

Thanks for the help on this!!

Mario
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your reporting this and providing us all the info. We've passed this all to our developers who are looking into it.

Would you mind letting us know if you still experience this after updating to Android 10?

If you do, for now, we suggest you try the following steps to replace the lock screen controls with the Spotify notification widget:

1. Go to Settings > Lock screen > FaceWidgets > turn off Music
  2. Still in your Settings > Lock screen > Notifications > View style > Detailed

We'll keep you updated in this thread so make sure you've subscribed, thanks!

Mario

Hey @salomonsuspect,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Glad to hear it's fixed for you 🙂 

Would you mind confirming your device's exact Android version? We'll pass the info on to the folks looking into this.

Thanks and don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can help with!

salomonsuspect

@Mario .

I am on Android 9.0 Kernel version 4.4.153 

Mario

Hey @salomonsuspect,

Thanks you for your reply and the required info 🙂

Stay tuned!

Mario
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

It should now be fixed for everyone. Just as a heads-up, double-check your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

kb68_
Casual Listener

I'm still having this issue on version 8.5.89.901, on Samsung A40, Android 10.

hlaraujo
Music Fan

@Mario 

This issue is still happening. Im on a galaxy s21 and one thing I've noticed is that it always happens when I use Google assistant to play my music.

When I do use it, lock screen controls won't work even if I unlock and stop the music. But forcing close and reopening spotify fixes it until I use Google again to launch it.