My Question or Issue
Since the last update I'm encountering several problems that were already flagged as bugs in previous threads, but all at the same time.
- After some time of use, the notification controls disappear and I have to control the music by opening the app
- The mini-bar showing pause/play control and song name while browsing the app can start the music but not pause it. The only controls that work are the full screen ones
- Sound goes to speaker when unplugging wired headphones and/or bluetooth headset instead of pausing
- The music just stops randomly by itself , and when going into the app, it's paused
What I tried
- Reset the application permissions
- Reset the phone settings specific to headsets
- Reinstalling the app
- Force kill the app and restart
The only things that worked did so temporarily. By force killing the app, it goes back to working normaly for a time.
This is ongoing since the last update, since almost a month.
I really hope this will be fixed soon as it's making me consider switching to another service.
Here to let you know we've escalated this to our team and they are currently looking into this.
If you're experiencing issues with the player not showing in the notifications bar, the notifications tray or on the lock screen, there's a separate thread for that here.
Could you please provide us with the following info:
Remember to hit a +VOTE if you haven't done so yet.
Thank you all for pointing this out to us. We hope to get back to you with an update soon :)
Hey @jacharaka, welcome to the Community!
How long has this been going on for? Did it ever work as intended or has the issue been going on since you've used Spotify on that device?
For now, try a clean reinstall to see if it helps.
Let us know how it goes.
Since the update on my phone spotify won't play songs on speakers or through usb on car. Did yours get fixed?
I didn't get this problem.
I'm trying to debug the problem with Spotify's support to try to reproduce the cause, right now, it's still not fixed.
Why don't you start a new thread Senaldag1 ?
I am.having the same issues on a OnePlus 3. I have a feeling it has to do with Oxygen OS
No, it was definitely a problem with the version at that time.
Rollbacking to a previous version made it work again, and it seems that since the last update, everything works correctly again.
Exact same problem here. I my case, OnePlus 5T with android 8.1.0
Exact same problem here. I my case, Moto Z2 Force with android 8.0.0
Same problems here - on a Huawei Mate 9 ...
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.