Need help? Check out Spotify Answers for solutions to a wide range of topics.
My Question or Issue
Since the last update I'm encountering several problems that were already flagged as bugs in previous threads, but all at the same time.
- After some time of use, the notification controls disappear and I have to control the music by opening the app
- The mini-bar showing pause/play control and song name while browsing the app can start the music but not pause it. The only controls that work are the full screen ones
- Sound goes to speaker when unplugging wired headphones and/or bluetooth headset instead of pausing
- The music just stops randomly by itself , and when going into the app, it's paused
What I tried
- Reset the application permissions
- Reset the phone settings specific to headsets
- Reinstalling the app
- Force kill the app and restart
The only things that worked did so temporarily. By force killing the app, it goes back to working normaly for a time.
This is ongoing since the last update, since almost a month.
I really hope this will be fixed soon as it's making me consider switching to another service.
Thanks for all your reports.
We've noticed that there seem to be four different issues happening in the Android app at the moment.
To make it easier for everyone to stay updated on the ones they experience, please head to the related threads and add your +VOTE:
Our tech folks are currently looking into these issues. We'll make sure to let you know as soon as we have more updates for each respective thread.
In the meantime, we'll close this thread to avoid confusion.
Hey @jacharaka, welcome to the Community!
How long has this been going on for? Did it ever work as intended or has the issue been going on since you've used Spotify on that device?
For now, try a clean reinstall to see if it helps.
Let us know how it goes.
Since the update on my phone spotify won't play songs on speakers or through usb on car. Did yours get fixed?
I didn't get this problem.
I'm trying to debug the problem with Spotify's support to try to reproduce the cause, right now, it's still not fixed.
Why don't you start a new thread Senaldag1 ?
I am.having the same issues on a OnePlus 3. I have a feeling it has to do with Oxygen OS
No, it was definitely a problem with the version at that time.
Rollbacking to a previous version made it work again, and it seems that since the last update, everything works correctly again.
Exact same problem here. I my case, OnePlus 5T with android 8.1.0
Exact same problem here. I my case, Moto Z2 Force with android 8.0.0
Same problems here - on a Huawei Mate 9 ...