Playback stops after each song with downloaded albums

N0ne of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country   USA

Device

Iphone 6S

Operating System

ios 13.4

My Question or Issue

Some of my saved (offline) albums will only play one song and then stop when I am offline.  When online, they play the whole album. Also if I try to skip to the next track, it stops playing and shows me the album tracks.  I can play the next track if I choose it but it won't go from track to track without actually selecting a new one. I have made sure that the repeat and shuffle options are off.  I have deleted the album and reloaded it.  Still not working.  Please help.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Casual Listener

I have the same problem!
I've tried everything. I restarted my phone, uninstalled the app... and contacted Facebook support and they couldn't help me.

Visitor

I'm having the same issue! I noticed it with one album this morning that would not play offline. All the answers I saw elsewhere said to uninstall and reinstall the app, which I did. Now every single one of my downloaded albums won't play. If it's a playlist it's fine, but an album doesn't work.

Visitor

I'm on iPhone xr. everything is up to date and I have tried a reinstall of the app, logging out and back in, as well as restarting my device. When I'm in offline mode, pressing skip or a song ending just causes playback to stop, even when I've downloaded the entire playlist or album, and I start from the beginning.

Visitor

I have the same issue (iphone in offline mode, premium account) when trying to skip songs using headphones or the app playback stops and I have to open the app to restart playback. But this problem only happens for certain albums, in particular with two albums I had downloaded only recently ( Jack White "Blunderbuss" being one of them). I have tried logging out of all devices, clearing the cache, restarting, re-installing the app but the problem still occurs, but only with the newly added albums.

Gig Goer

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

IOS 13.4

My Question or Issue

Im experiencing a vexing issue where the next song in some albums will not play on its own in offline mode, despite having every song fully downloaded for the entire album.  It will happen both when I try to skip, and when it tries to play the next song after the previous one completed.  “Now playing” just disappears.  

doesn’t happen with every album, it is random.  I have tried deleting my cache.  I have tried deleting and redownloading the album.  I have tried a clean reinstall of the app, which solved the problem for one of them..but after spending an hour redownloading all my music it surfaced in a different album.  I feel like I’m playing whack-a-mole and it’s driving me bonkers.  

autoplay is off.  Cross fade is off.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Just like me! Yesterday, it's was good, and today i have the same problem!

Example for Pearl Jam - Gigaton

Casual Listener

I am also having this issue.. except now this is happening for all of my albums in offline mode. I am in the same boat, I reinstalled the app, and redownloaded everything, only to have this happen again and it's driving me absolutely insane. What is going on?

And i must be connected to begin to listen to my music... and when musics turns, i can deconnect
Gig Goer

Well, at least I'm not the only one experiencing the issue...hopefully spotify will own up, but knowing technology companies the way I do, they'll point to any disparate element other than their own app. 

Here's the only work around I've found...put that album you're having problems with in a playlist.  Rather inconvenient, but it's working for me.  Not sustainable though, playlists are for playlists, not workarounds for a buggy app.

Visitor

about a week ago i downloaded some new records to listen to at work, offline, they are downloaded, however it will play one song and stop playing. all of the songs play, it just wont play the album all the way through. the albums i had downloaded beforehand play all the way through just fine. 

i deleted and downloaded the app. downloaded a few records to play offline, turned off the wifi on my iphone, (i have spotify set to not use and LTE data in phone settings). those albums play through just fine. 

i lock my phone and later get back on to download some more. those records will nots play through offline. but the records i downloaded immediately after reinstalling the app play through no problem. any new downloads and the problem persists.

it might be important to note that the toggle to download an album changed from from immediately after i reinstalled the APP to after i closed the app and locked my phone as shown in the photos. this did happen. i reinstalled the app 3 times. 

my IOS is up to date, so it the app. 

ive restarted my phone, cleared caches, multiple times still nothing. 

IMG_5614.jpg
IMG_5615.jpg