Playback stops after each song with downloaded albums

N0ne of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country   USA

Device

Iphone 6S

Operating System

ios 13.4

My Question or Issue

Some of my saved (offline) albums will only play one song and then stop when I am offline.  When online, they play the whole album. Also if I try to skip to the next track, it stops playing and shows me the album tracks.  I can play the next track if I choose it but it won't go from track to track without actually selecting a new one. I have made sure that the repeat and shuffle options are off.  I have deleted the album and reloaded it.  Still not working.  Please help.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
Visitor

Same issue here for the last few days, an issue with offline albums only, playlists work fine, queue works fine (what I'm doing for now is just queuing the album I want to listen to). Infuriating.

Regular

I’m having the same problem.  It’s only with certain albums.  

Visitor
Same problem here. Some downloaded albums stop playing after each track when offline.
I found some sort of workaround: When you make sure that you are online (data access) when the playback skips from track 1 to 2, you can go back offline and the playback of the album continues as it should without interruptions.
However when you stop the playback, and start e.g. again with track 1, without going back online, the playback stops again after that track.
This is clearly bug 😞 and let’s hope it gets fixed soon.
Kind regards
Visitor
Wow im so glad that someone has the exact same problem as me😕
Gig Goer

More people with the same exact problem.  Happened with yet another album I was trying to listen to today.  What the **bleep** Spotify?!  Going to just ghost us?

Casual Listener

Plan
Premium

Country

US but in Australia

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 13.4.1

My Question or Issue

Hi, I’ve downloaded a few albums, namely “Pablo Honey” by Radiohead & “Eraser”, “Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes”, and “Anima” by Thom Yorke, and my Spotify won’t play the next song in the album. When looking at the window with the album cover and the in-song controls as the song ends it closes. I’ve very recently updated my software, turned my phone off & on, emptied my cache, and deleted the app the reinstalled it. I’ve also removed the downloads and dowloaded them again with the same results. I’ve downloaded other albums before and after these and have not had the same problems. I’ve toggled “Gapless Playback” off and the problem remains. A few other Radiohead albums I downloaded in the same download session play normally. Is there something else I could try to resolve the issue? Thanks!

Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

(iPhone 😎

Software

(iOS 13.3.1)

My Question or Issue

I cannot auto-play a full album when I have a pre-downloaded album. I only see a sign with the shuffle symbol, but when I push it, it will say: album not playable.

DF70A9F7-2475-432B-A4B8-83420CAF9CA5.png
7D698E80-9A06-49D0-8D32-43FD560E3379.png
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Visitor

iPhone Xʀ

iOS 13.4.1

Spotify 8.5.53.996

Visitor

Device: iPhone 8 iOS 13.3.1

Spotify Version 8.5.52