Playback stops after each song with downloaded albums

N0ne of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country   USA

Device

Iphone 6S

Operating System

ios 13.4

My Question or Issue

Some of my saved (offline) albums will only play one song and then stop when I am offline.  When online, they play the whole album. Also if I try to skip to the next track, it stops playing and shows me the album tracks.  I can play the next track if I choose it but it won't go from track to track without actually selecting a new one. I have made sure that the repeat and shuffle options are off.  I have deleted the album and reloaded it.  Still not working.  Please help.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
Visitor

iPhone SE

spotify version: 8.5.53

Casual Listener

Iphone 8+ 

iOS 13.4.1

Spotify 8.5.53.996

iPhone SE

iOS 13.4.1

Spotify 8.5.53.996

iPhone SE iOS 13.4

Spotify 8.5.53

Casual Listener

iPhone 8 Plus iOS 13.4

Spotify 8.5.53

Gig Goer

This is now happening on EVERY album I have downloaded.  Ones I previously downloaded seem to sometimes work, but there's no rhyme or reason.  Spotify, please do something to fix this bug, as I have tried doing a clean install of the app to no avail.  None of the recommended troubleshooting measures are working.

Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Regular

Unfortunately now the app keeps crashing in the middle of playback. 

Gig Goer

IT IS NOT FIXED!  I have also contacted customer support directly and they said something about "clearing a cache on my account" which doesn't make a lick of sense.  Sounds like nonsense to placate people.  After following their instructions, including deleting and reinstalling the app and redownloading my music a THIRD TIME it still doesn't work.  In all my life, I have never been treated like such garbage by a business I was patronizing.  You people are gaslighting us all and it is making me livid.  My hands are tied, I can't fix your app.  I'm not doing anything wrong, just trying to use the service I pay for and I can't get the most rudimentary use out of it.  I am beyond angry.  Give me a good answer as to why this is happening, because I have yet to believe anyone is doing anything to fix the issue.  What is it?  Trying to keep people online rather than using their local storage?  Not all of us have access to a network 100% of the time.  It should NOT be this difficult just to listen to an album when I'm not within wifi or LTE range.  You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

Casual Listener

IT IS NOT FIXED! 🤬