Playback stops after each song with downloaded albums

N0ne of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country   USA

Device

Iphone 6S

Operating System

ios 13.4

My Question or Issue

Some of my saved (offline) albums will only play one song and then stop when I am offline.  When online, they play the whole album. Also if I try to skip to the next track, it stops playing and shows me the album tracks.  I can play the next track if I choose it but it won't go from track to track without actually selecting a new one. I have made sure that the repeat and shuffle options are off.  I have deleted the album and reloaded it.  Still not working.  Please help.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
Casual Listener

“IT IS NOT FIXED!  I have also contacted customer support directly and they said something about "clearing a cache on my account" which doesn't make a lick of sense.  Sounds like nonsense to placate people.  After following their instructions, including deleting and reinstalling the app and redownloading my music a THIRD TIME it still doesn't work.  In all my life, I have never been treated like such garbage by a business I was patronizing.  You people are gaslighting us all and it is making me livid.  My hands are tied, I can't fix your app.  I'm not doing anything wrong, just trying to use the service I pay for and I can't get the most rudimentary use out of it.  I am beyond angry.  Give me a good answer as to why this is happening, because I have yet to believe anyone is doing anything to fix the issue.  What is it?  Trying to keep people online rather than using their local storage?  Not all of us have access to a network 100% of the time.  It should NOT be this difficult just to listen to an album when I'm not within wifi or LTE range.  You people should be ashamed of yourselves.“

THIS!!!! 

Visitor

I cancelled my subscription after not having this problem solved. I spoke to three different tech support dudes. I did everything anyone has suggested and still don’t work. I’ve paid this month but not been able to use it once. No compensation or anything. Total rip off. I tried the new update and it looked like it was fixed. The downloaded albums already on my phone started working but new ones stop after every song. Sorry I’m moving to Apple Music which works fine. I definitely preferred Spotify when it worked tho. 

Regular

This has now been going on for weeks.  You guys marked it as FIXED, but obviously it’s not.  Worst app ever. 

Visitor

It’s marked as fixed but ITS NOT, this should be an easy fix for these people. Why is it that offline mode has all the bugs like this one, it’s ridiculous that I can’t even listen to a full album now, having to click on every song now instead of it playing all the way through. And these people could care less, they just care

about there 10$ a month. It shouldn’t be hard to be able to listen to music offline but sadly it seems to be. I’m really beginning to hate Spotify, this is not the only bug I’ve delt with offline. There really hurting there rating with all these bugs and glitches. And not everyone has 100% network data, I bet they just want everyone to use online, I’ve never had an app be this frustrating to deal with, I just want to be able to listen to my music whenever I want and play a full album whenever I want. I bet they’ve done absolutely nothing to address this issue. Spotify is garbage and I can’t stand them anymore. FIX THE ISSUE SPOTIFY

Visitor

As mentioned already above this issue is still NOT fixed. Previously downloaded albums work fine but offline playback of newly downloaded albums still stops after one track. Spotify please get this fixed! We are paying for this functionality. Regards. 

iPhone Xʀ

iOS 13.4.1

Spotify 8.5.53.996

Casual Listener

This is not fixed. So stop marking this thread as 'fixed'. It has been over three weeks now, and the issue still remains unsolved. Why am I still giving this company my money? 

Gig Goer

This is kinda like that one time that George W Bush had his "mission accomplished" pep rally on an aircraft carrier about the war in Iraq, only to still to this day be at war in Iraq to this very day over ten years later.

FIX IT AND STOP LYING, YOU CROOKS!

Casual Listener

migrated to apple music ... I don’t give my money to Spotify anymore

NOT FIXED too !!!

Regular

I guess it's safe to say that Spotify doesn't **bleep**.