Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops on mobile devices. Progress bar stays at 0:00.

Hey folks!

We're getting reports from both Android and iOS users about the app stopping audio playback. This usually occurs after successfully playing 1-3 tracks without issues.

We wanted to let you know that this is being investigated and we'll keep you posted on how it goes in this thread!

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and sharing your troubleshooting info with the Community!

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Donatam

I have opened the app in the app plays a couple of songs then stops working did a clean install and still the same issue using a Samsung Galaxy Z flip. 

pnunezr07881

I'm facing the same issue Spotify just played 2 or 3 songs and then playback stop even do I see in my screen (mobile) that is playing but does not sounds anything.

Could you please let me know how can I fix it?

pnunezr07881
My problem is when I am playing spotify after 3 songs stop and I see in my
screen like is playing but nop. I dont hear anything and this happen in any
device (mobile, sound device, car audio, headset)
Paolopugno

Same here. I can listen to downloaded songs, but when I select an online song, it does not play, remaining stuck at 0:00. It started last weekend. Premium User.

I can only listen to a song if I download it.

Samsung Galaxy S9+ (SM-G9650) running Android 10.

Alredy tried cleaning cache, uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, to no avail. 

dabh15

I have the same issues too, since Thursday on my Samsung S21. After one song stop reproducing. Please help!

Nogueiraand
  1. None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Samsung galaxy s20 FE

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

When I play the Music the button of play changes as if the music Was playing, but the time bar do not move and do not make any sound.

Whe  I log off or reinstall the app, the app play some like 3 songs normally and after that it freeze and stop Making any sound. The play button changes as if the song Was been played but no sound is playing.

Thank you for your help.

yqsxkeum682itpbjgqc3

Same issue.

Premium account,

Pixel 6, android 12.

AmeDac

I'm pretty sure the issue started after the last Samsung update I did on 23 July. 

The details of the update are in the enclosed screenshot.

Can anyone having the issue on Samsung Galaxy S21 confirm you are running the same update?

Screenshot_20220730-092411_Software update.jpg

tmcr123

I'm not Samsung user and experience the same problem. The problem doesn't appear on the web player. Clean reinstalling does not work. 

coolg

Gus I am a premium member and a few days now my playback has stopped working. I play 3 -4 songs and it just stops.

I've tried reinstalling the app. I've logged on to another device, same issue.

I know you said the matter in under investigation, however it seems to be taking too long to solve this issue.

Do you have any updates please?????????????