Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops on mobile devices. Progress bar stays at 0:00.

Hey folks!

We're getting reports from both Android and iOS users about the app stopping audio playback. This usually occurs after successfully playing 1-3 tracks without issues.

We wanted to let you know that this is being investigated and we'll keep you posted on how it goes in this thread!

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and sharing your troubleshooting info with the Community!

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
KJ210

I have exact same issue, except for the fact that it doesn't want to start playing for me. I press play and within 2 seconds it just stops for no reason.

Alex

Hi folks,

Thank you for your reports.

It would be very helpful if you can do a video recording of the issue and attach it to your reply. You can send us a link to YouTube or directly as an attachment if it doesn't go over 4MB.

Looking forward to your responses. 

tiasnilsson

Having the same issue with an Iphone 11, latest IOS version. No workarounds helped. Is there any ETA on this @user-removed ?

alexmarie51

I have had NOTHING but problems since the latest update.   There are days where it is ok, but i have had almost three months, that playback stops shortly after pressing play.   Super frustrating. 

Alex
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and sharing your troubleshooting info with the Community!

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

lordjarlidar

Still get that the song stops playing in the middle of the song or all over the song I am playing.

This is happening on my PC and android devices. This problem came from the last update of spotify.

I see that this has been a problem before.

Please get this fixed.

phi852

Any updates on this? I had this problem with the Windows desktop app for a month or two. Since the last update yesterday, it also appears on my Android device. I realized that I cannot access the website www.spotify.com either when the problem occurs. There is a message "Your client does not have permission to get URL / from this server". It usually disappears when reloading the page after a few minutes; and then the app starts working again as well.

MotoSpoto

Usually every time I'm using my Bluetooth headphones with Spotify playing through them it'll play for about an hour and a half and then all the sudden the music will pause and then when I hit play again I have to wait about 5 minutes and then the song will start completely over again it won't go to another random song but I have it on shuffle and it won't go to the next song it just restarts the song that it stopped in the middle of it very aggravating very dissatisfied paying $11 a month for your service and not even being able to enjoy it please reply and let me know the status of this problem thank you

rebeccalucyh

Hi, I'm having problems with this too. It's been happening since Sunday/Monday. As soon as a song ends, it just stops playing. I'm having to manually press play on every song (which is a nightmare). I've tried turning my phone off/on again, refreshing the app, updating the app, turning shuffle on/off, leaving my phone screen open, various different playlists and connecting/disconnecting from the bluetooth speaker.

I've been using Spotify since 2017 and have never had any issues. Upgraded to duo in September but haven't had any problems up until this week. 

Please help!

Weixiongnga

Phone model : Samsung fold 4

Running on Android OS 13

Spotify version: 8.8.82.634

For the past 2 days My Spotify restart and pause at 00:00 after 1 or 2 songs play back.

Today is the worst, same error but on every song I play. This is annoying. Please assist to fix.