Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops on mobile devices. Progress bar stays at 0:00.

Hey folks!

We're getting reports from both Android and iOS users about the app stopping audio playback. This usually occurs after successfully playing 1-3 tracks without issues.

We wanted to let you know that this is being investigated and we'll keep you posted on how it goes in this thread!

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and sharing your troubleshooting info with the Community!

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Dian

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

As we're unable to reproduce this issue on our end, we'd like you to try some troubleshooting, so we can isolate the reasons for this behavior.

Could you start with a clean reinstall as described on this page? If this doesn't resolve it, it'd be nice to try reproducing the issue with a different account on your device or with your account on a different device. It's also worth switching the network connections and turning off any VPNs, if you have any.

Also share the specific device setup details like brand/model and operating system.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

Ugnnamdi

I have the same issues too..since Saturday 

eeri

I just tried something and it seems to be working!!?? Try it too right now

Go to your Spotify >> streams >> change stream quality with wifi or cellular data either from low quality to high quality or vice versa or even normal!!! 

eeri

It seems it with this it plays more that two songs now but still stops sometimes but it's more fluid?? ... How is it for you guys? 

SkullRunner

Hello,

Plan

Premium

Country

Greece

Device

Mi Note 10 Lite 

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hello,

When trying to play songs at Low quality while on cellular they refuse to load, I've tried the data saver option but it's the same. I have tried cleaning cache on the app settings as well as using Spotify's option within the app. It may load like 4-5 songs after being reinstalled but then the issue appears again. As soon I set it at anything but Low everything loads perfectly.

Where the problem started:

Yesterday I enabled auto adjust quality the app restarted and the problems started from there , I went and disabled the option but the issue was still there. I uninstalled kept it disabled but no change , went and re-enabled it but it just set a higher quality thus consuming more data so I disabled it once again . 

Any suggestions ?

EDGARD12

Hola, me gustaría que me ayudarán, también estoy pasando por lo mismo, se pausa la música, aún así de le PLAY no reproduce, me toca cambiar 2 a 3 canciones para que funcione y la mayoría de veces solo reproduce hasta 10 segundos.

¿Que puedo hacer al respecto? 

Ya borre cache, la desinstale, revise con datos, con wifi y nada quita el problema.

Quedo atento a sus comentarios, gracias

dimitrisscript

For some reason, the issue solved itself without me doing anything, about 8 months ago.

Mar_vet

tried it, it appears to get better yeah, at least I can play more than 2 o 3 songs now 👏👏👏

Kenny_Ngan

Hi, those steps i already done but it still suddenly stopped after 4 songs. It started about a week before.

Samsung S9+ Android 10 (wifi, i don't have data to test it)

Samsung S21 Ultra Android 12 (Wifi and data too)

but PC it seems do not have this problem yet

Kenny_Ngan

pls do something.....