Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

Playlist caching issue

It seems that the caching scheme used does not properly recognize when the playlist is updated (particularly for automatically generated and updated playlists like Discover Weekly) and a restart of the app is required for the playlist to get updated.  A related issue may be present on the iphone because sometimes the old Discover Weekly playlist will remain throughout the entirety of Monday.

Hey @aerobau! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's not cool! Right now, it's not possible to do that. But, you can show your support for this similar idea by voting for it. For now, I recommend doing a quick restart of the app when you need a refresh of a playlist. Let me know if there's anything else.

Take care! 🙂

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @aerobau! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's not cool! Right now, it's not possible to do that. But, you can show your support for this similar idea by voting for it. For now, I recommend doing a quick restart of the app when you need a refresh of a playlist. Let me know if there's anything else.

Take care! 🙂

swrobel

@Hubo the idea you linked to isn't similar, it's related to clearing the download cache on iOS. As far as I read it, and as I experience it on my Mac, this is an issue with the Mac desktop player.

Hubo

Hey @swrobel!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community! This idea also exists for Desktop users, check it out here! 🙂 Let me know if there's anything else!

Have a great day!

swrobel

@Hubo so you're saying that a clear cache button would allow Discovery Weekly/Release Radar to refresh automatically when a new one comes out on Monday without having to quit the Spotify Mac app and restart it to see the new songs on the playlist?

To be clear I use the app on iOS and don't have any issues with Discover Weekly showing out-of-date songs

mkrep

Hello,

It is 2020 and this issue is still outstanding.

I still get this issue when starting playlists that change with time such as Release Radar and Discover Weekly.

If I start the playlist from the left navigation, and it has been played before, it will play the cached first song.

If I go into the playlist I can see the songs have changed.

If I click on the first song in the playlist while in the new playlist then the correct song will play.

Scenario

Given: a playlist that has songs changing such as Release Radar not a static song list.

And: I am on the desktop client Mac Client.

And: the playlist has been played in the past week on the desktop client thereby caching the list of songs.

And: the playlist has it's first song has been changed in the playlist

And: the second to N songs have been changed

When: I start the playlist starting from the left navigation links

Then: the client will play the updated playlist first song.

And: the client will play the new second song to N songs.