Premium

Country

UK

Device

MBPro 13" Early 2015

Operating System

MacOS 10.13.6

My Question or Issue

When I click some of my playlist folders they do not display anything. 

Instead they should show a green play button and the playlists and folders inside.

Some of them work fine, others do not.

Without that green play button I can't play that folder, which totally breaks how I use Spotify.

I used to right-click on the folders in the menu on the left and click play there, but for some reason you removed that feature from the app.

I have tried restarting my computer. I have reinstalled Spotify. I have deleted the contents of ~/Library/Caches and Application Support. None have helped.

I've attached a screenshot of the blank page I am being shown instead of the page with the play button.

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 16.31.04.png

Hey everyone!

Thanks for your patience :) This should be now fixed. 

If you're still having troubles, make sure to perform a clean reinstall of the app on your device. If that doesn't help, feel free to start a new thread in the Help Boards.

Cheers!

Comments
03-ckyvl_ivh5
Gig Goer

The same happens to me. I have chatted with the support. They know the error and they told me that they would try to fix it in a future update.

It seems that Spotify does not test its own software.

Scraendor

I have this issue as well.

One thing I've found is that if my folder has another folder in it, it won't load. As soon as I take the folder out and the parent folder only contains playlists, the parent folder will load properly.

zentusx

Spotify

1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1

Country

Sweden 

Device

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", mid 2015)

Operating System

(macOS High Sierra 10.13.3)

After renaming a playlist folder while it's uncollapsed, I can't collapse playlist folders.

EDIT: Just realized this might be a duplicate of this. If so, this issue can be closed.

Crow1980
Regular

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

PC 

Operating System

Windows 10 version 1803 osversion 17134.254
Spotify 1.0.89.313.g34a58dea

My Question or Issue

Something is very wrong..
Folders are now not showing its content - other folders and playlists and you can not play a folder and shuffle it like you used to be able to do..
Now clicking folder "All" will show nothing in the listing window
Clicking folder "Music1" will result in nothing listed
Clicking folder "Music2" will display "Playlist2" correctly 
Clicking folder "Music3" will display "Playlist3" correctly
Clicking folder "Music4" will result in nothing listed
Clicking folder "Music5" will correctly display "Playlist" 4 and 5

example 
All (folder)
Music1 (folder in "All") 
-Music3 (folder in "Music1")
--Playlist3 - (in folder "Music3")
-Playlist1 - (in folder "Music1")
Music2 (folder in "All") 
-Playlist2 (in folder "Music2")
Music4 (folder in "All") 
-Music5 (folder in "Music4")
--Playlist4 (in folder "Music5")
--Playlist5 (in folder "Music5")
-Music6 (folder in "Music4")
--Playlist6 (in folder "Music6")

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Edit: If possible could you try this in another device with similar specs?

rtomme

I have the same issue.  I have a folder that has several folders in it and it doesn't show the other folders anymore.  In addition, I cannot shuffle play those subfolders anymore.  If I remove ALL the subfolders, then the main folder works properyl; i.e. it shows "The folder is currently empty" and the Play button and the ... menu are also displayed.  Once you drop another folder into it, it goes blank.

Spotify.jpg
03-ckyvl_ivh5
Gig Goer

-

randomuser3
Casual Listener

I kinda have also the same problem but for me it seems like a bugScreen Shot 2018-09-17 at 09.11.27.png

03-ckyvl_ivh5
Gig Goer

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Mac Mini

Operating System

macOs high Sierra

Spotify version:1.0.89.313.g34a58dea

My Question or Issue

For some time now, folders containing folders have not shown their content. I've told the spotify support, and they told me it would be solved with a new update. Today spotify has been updated. And the folders that contain folders, still do not work.

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-17 a las 19.52.58.jpg

Status changed to: Need more info

Hey all!

It seems more than one user started to report this issue. Could you please hit +vote if you're still experiencing this issue?

In case you haven't provided the requested information, please send over the following:

• Device
  • OS version
  • Spotify version

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!