Announcements

Playlist links fail to load for other users using the web player

Device:OS X

Operating System Version:10.7-10.11

Spotify Version:1.0.24.104.g92a22684

Description:A playlist url won't actually open a playlist in the spotify web player (https://play.spotify.com/). 

To reproduce:

1. Go to playlist, get the public url
  2. e.g. - https://open.spotify.com/user/chris.marx/playlist/7u8zgF9r209vl1xcyWS6Fz
  3. Have another user try to open that public playlist url in their browser (have only tried in Chrome on various macbooks), and often times, the page just hangs, and nothing ever loads.

Workaround:

The workaround that always appears to work is to paste the url in the search bar, that takes the user directly to the playlist

Additional information:

Hey!

It seems we didn't receive a reply. We're setting this as "Closed" in the meantime.

Feel free to give us a shout if the issue persists.

Comments
gnovella16
Status changed to: Closed

Hey there! 

Thanks for letting us know about this. Have you tried to clear your cache/ cookies and refreshing? If not, can you give it a try? Also, you can give it a shot on a different browser. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

chrismarx

Hi,

Yes, I'm a programmer, I of course already tried that. Here's a screencap of what I get within an incognito window, logged in with an account that's not mine:

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 10.53.53 AM.png

Same exact thing happens in firefox-

Tweak47

This happens to me also, but not only playlists, but single song links too. Strange thing is it works in Chrome, but not in Firefox and on my android mobile. If someone sends me a spotify song link in facebook chat, the link will not appear in chat either.

gnovella16

Hey!

Just to make sure, are you still having this issue? We'll continue to look into this.

Keep us posted 🙂

gnovella16
Status changed to: Closed

Hey!

It seems we didn't receive a reply. We're setting this as "Closed" in the meantime.

Feel free to give us a shout if the issue persists.

Env: prod