Country

Netherlands

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 13.3.1

Spotify version

My Question or Issue

If I'm listening to, say song #237 in a playlist, when the song is over it always jumps back to the first song in said playlist. This happens with any song # I choose.

How can this be solved?

Edit: I say playlist, but I mean the list of "Liked songs"

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks! 

Comments
_yd-lgt43ks5

Jesus Christ, it's not due to user error, it happens in the newest versions cross-platform. You have reports from iOS 12, iOS 13.3.1, macOS, Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 10 Pro, Android 6, Android 7, Android 8, Android 9, Android 10. It also happens internationally, I have the same issue in Denmark.

What do you mean need more information? Go fix the bug.

And while you are at it, the windows 10 app has had a wonky volume slider FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR, it's a **bleep**ing audio app that can't adjust the volume.

mudmen89

Well.. im re-adding songs that i already have and this thing cannot be worst. On Android and W10.. there is no chance and i think that Spotify must refund the money of these last months for the malfunction of the app.

Spotify Staff, please contact me for the refund.

pzerone

Same problem here.

Galaxy S9, all up to date.

When I close app/switch from phone to laptop/switch from bluetooth headset to car bluetooth radio Spotify resumes playing last song, but after it it starts playing liked songs from the first song on the list.

Extremly annoying. 

Bettergod
Visitor

I've noticed that it will always reset when I connect to my car bluetooth like I can look at the list while it connects and watch it start over otherwise I figured it just kept restarting the app or something but apparently it's something else with the software itself and it just resets constantly very annoying

EvanHopps

I encounter this at least twice a day. If I stop listening for an extended period (sleep, work, etc) and resume the last played song, as soon as the song is over it jumps to the first song in the playlist.

When resuming the last played song, if I press back it refuses to go to the previous song in the playlist and if I press skip it proceeds to the first song in the playlist. If I find the current playing song in the list and click it to let the song restart and then let it play it works as intended.

Also, my iPad will randomly play songs out of order or songs simply won't appear in the playlist until I force the app to close and relaunch it again. Sometimes it takes a few relaunches for things to appear. I have only experienced this additional "missing song" weirdness on the iPad though, no other devices. 

Plan

Premium

Device

LG V30+, Custom Desktop, HP Envy 15t, iPad Air 3, HP Touchpad

OS

Android 9, Windows 10, Windows 10, iOS 13.5.1, Android 9

Spotify Version

8.5.65.852, 1.1.36.734.g8731c306, 1.1.34.694, 8.5.65, 8.5.65.852

Davison0104
Visitor

Saaaame thing is happening to me specifically in my "liked songs" playlist every time the playlist is putting again to sound is like it resets completley and begins to be random without putting it in that mode or begins to reproduce in order of "new adds" .Before it never happens but this year has been constant 

dreamville
Visitor

Samsung s10 and google home

spotify version - 8.5.66.1002

android os - 10

Kenbrodo
Visitor

Hi! I am also experiencing issues in relation to this issue. I mainly use Spotify on my Amazon Firestick. It only started doing this when I booted up my app this morning. I've tried to clearing my cache, data, and uninstallilng/reinstalling my Spotify app and the problem is still persisting.

EstebanP94
Visitor

Still happening, specially on PC (Windows 10 program). On Android works fine when I play a song, but when I pause and replay later, it will just change the order and play a random song after the one I was hearing and I really want this to play in the order they are in "Liked Songs". It's incredible you haven't been able to fix this issue. 

Mihail
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

We really appreciate your patience while our tech team is looking in to this!

In the meantime we recommend that you try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Keep the app updated to the latest version on your devices.
  2. Perform a clean reinstall of the app. 
  3. Use another device.

If that still doesn't fix things, we ask that you post a comment with the following info:

• Device
  • Version if the app
  • TS tried
  • Video of the issue

The videos are especially helpful for our tech team to find a fix for this as soon as possible and would be really appreciated 🙂 Just be sure to hide any private/sensitive information. 

As soon as we have an update on the matter, we'll post it here.

Have a nice day!

Related Issues