Playlist radio always plays the same sequence after program restart

Device:

OS X

Operating System Version:

El Capitan (10.11.1)

Spotify Version:

Description:

When starting a playlist radio after restarting spotify it always plays same sequence of songs. Even if I've "thumb down"-ed some of them.

To reproduce:

1. Start a playlist radio from playlist A, listen some songs
  2. Close the program
  3. Start program
  4. Start a playlist radio from the same playlist A, listen some songs
  5. Note that the song sequence is identical to the sequence on step 1

Workaround:

None found

Additional information:

Has been an issue for at least some weeks (and spotify versions) now. Don't know if it was an issue earlier too, though at least I don't remember it happening over 2 months ago.

0 Likes
Comments
Oreste
Composer
Status changed to: Closed

Hi there.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we're here to help!

Just to check -  is this only happening with one specific Radio station or any station? Also, could you try to replicate this behaviour from a different device and/or the web player?

It's worth trying a reinstall of the app on your Mac too. Let us know how it goes. 

We look forward to hearing back from you 🙂

asdasdasda
Casual Listener
Hi! After reinstalling the software (still same version than on my ticket) my first test still started the playlist radio from the same songs. Then I tested it on my phone and it played a different sequence (I hadn't played that playlist radio on the phone app before). Then I tried on the OSX again with a different playlist radio and it didn't restart the sequence after rebooting spotify. And now the original playlist radio in question seems to work well again. I'll continue monitoring its behaviour, eg after the next spotify update, but for now it seems to have been a glitch that's disappeared.
Oreste
Composer

Thanks for checking across different devices and Radio stations! We're glad to hear the app is working fine again and you're back on track. Don't hesitate to drop us a message if it starts misbehaving again. We'll help you out.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3O2hu8wMKZfR2hqIWElMEl

James
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Closed

AnotherTrojan

I've got the same problem on Windows 10, Would love to see a fix.

Related Issues