Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist won't play when Enhance is toggled on

I have noticed that multiple people, throughout several platforms, have encountered a bug/issue where the playlist will not play when playing a playlist that has been enhanced.  

After testing it out for myself, i too have encountered the issue.

Here is how i encountered the bug.

1. Chose a playlist that hasn't been enhanced
  2. Played a song 
  3. Clicked on enhanced
  4. Song selected continues to play but next song stops playing and won't play unless enhanced is turned off. Also occurs if you try to skip or select a different song.

For those who have encountered the issue please upvote/comment your experience on this thread.

Happy Listening!

Keanu_C

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
slothereeena

I'm also having the same problem and just started today... when toggling on 'Enhanced' mode, the playlist no longer works (ie. you cannot press play on any songs in the playlist) and when toggling OFF 'Enhanced' mode, the playlist works fine and you can listen to your songs. Hopefully they patch this soon.

RyanMiller

iPhone, latest app version... when enhanced toggle is on in the liked songs list songs do not play when you tap them OR hit the main playlist play button.

Turn off the enhanced toggle and the enhanced songs disappear, and the songs can now be tapped to be played or the main play button can be used.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Moofey

When I have enhanced recommendations on, Spotify will return a "No Internet" error when attempting to play anything in my Liked Songs playlist, despite being connected to the Internet. This includes downloaded songs in my playlist. If I disable enhanced recommendations, the playlist works as normal. Additionally, I can stream any other playlist or album as normal; This only seems to affect Liked Songs.

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Pixel 7 Pro (App version 8.8.2.434)

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

tomgiorgio
On any playlist, if I click the enhance button, nothing in the playlist will play. This happens on iOS and Windows. Doesn't matter if it's an offline playlist or a regular one. If I un-enhance it then songs will paly again. With enhance turned on I can't play a single song from that playlist.
RyanMiller

Same here. I posted this a bit ago on the forum. Hoping they'll be able to fix it soon.

tomgiorgio

I'm seeing this behavior on all of my playlists, not just Liked Songs

Luly2

The enhance it’s not working: when I enhance the playlist it stops working and it won’t let me play any songs

katef18

Good to know that is what was wrong with my liked songs playlist!

Delta180

Same issue on S22

austinrobinson0228

I'm having the same problem. It tells me I have no internet connection and won't allow me to play any song in the playlist

Screenshot_20230124-100103_Spotify.jpg