Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist won't play when Enhance is toggled on

I have noticed that multiple people, throughout several platforms, have encountered a bug/issue where the playlist will not play when playing a playlist that has been enhanced.  

After testing it out for myself, i too have encountered the issue.

Here is how i encountered the bug.

1. Chose a playlist that hasn't been enhanced
  2. Played a song 
  3. Clicked on enhanced
  4. Song selected continues to play but next song stops playing and won't play unless enhanced is turned off. Also occurs if you try to skip or select a different song.

For those who have encountered the issue please upvote/comment your experience on this thread.

Happy Listening!

Keanu_C

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Blacksword

@Keanu_C @tylerwatsonj123 I confirm, same here, 8.8.4 seems to solve the issue indeed. Thanks for sharing the info!

Ramchip50

Problem observed on Windows 10 (2 platforms), Android 13 (1 platform)

Ramchip50

This morning, my enhanced playlists are working as expected. 

Thanks to the Spotify dev team for their quick fix.

Terppi

Seems that latest update for iOS app 8.8.4 fixed the issue. Very quick fix! Thanks!

brooks29

I have the reverse issue. Playlists can only be played when Enhance is turned on. If I turn off Enhance then the entire playlist is grayed out and the play button disappears.

Platform: Desktop (Windows)

Device: Dell Precision 5560

Spotify Version 1.2.3.1115.gd61a8f5c

Jmcjunkin3

Same issue, works perfectly fine until you turn on the enhancement feature.

Iphone 13 pro max ios 16.3

Spotify version 8.8.8.688

moocher

Yep - same thing for me - works on my phone but not my desktop when 'enhanced' is toggled on.

I am running win 10Pro, 16gb of RAM, 200gb storage.

I have logged out everywhere and logged back in.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

None of the above made any difference.

Inadram

If you are having trouble playing a Spotify playlist when the "Enhance" feature is toggled on, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check your internet connection: A poor or unstable internet connection can cause playback issues on Spotify. Try resetting your router or modem, or connecting to a different Wi-Fi network to see if that helps.

2. Clear cache and data: Sometimes, cached data or stored data on your device can cause issues with playback. Clearing cache and data may help resolve the issue. To do this, go to your device's settings, then to "Apps," find the Spotify app, and select "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data."

3. Disable the "Enhance" feature: It's possible that there is a bug or glitch in the "Enhance" feature that is causing the issue. Try disabling the feature and see if the playlist plays normally.

4. Update the Spotify app: Make sure that your Spotify app is up to date. Go to your device's app store and check if there are any updates available for the Spotify app.

5. Restart the Spotify app: Sometimes, simply restarting the Spotify app can resolve playback issues. Close the app completely, then reopen it and try playing the playlist again.

If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Spotify support for further assistance.

chluk2425

Same, not working on my iPad

q5hdkyhopdbuae22wju8

I experience the same issue with enhanced playlist. I encounter when on flight mode enhance playlists won’t play even if the songs are already downloaded into my device. I switch back to mobile data, turn off enhance and finally go back to airplane mode. The list plays 3-4 songs ( downloaded) and the stops playing.