Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist won't play when Enhance is toggled on

I have noticed that multiple people, throughout several platforms, have encountered a bug/issue where the playlist will not play when playing a playlist that has been enhanced.  

After testing it out for myself, i too have encountered the issue.

Here is how i encountered the bug.

1. Chose a playlist that hasn't been enhanced
  2. Played a song 
  3. Clicked on enhanced
  4. Song selected continues to play but next song stops playing and won't play unless enhanced is turned off. Also occurs if you try to skip or select a different song.

For those who have encountered the issue please upvote/comment your experience on this thread.

Happy Listening!

Keanu_C

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
randomguyhere

@chsteff suggestion of trying the solution here: Issues with playing tunes outside of Liked Songs o... - Page 23 - The Spotify Community Solved the issue for me. Big thanks mate!

dobryiguk87

dobryiguk87_0-1680210170165.png

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15bl0XX 

Spotify Software version:
1.2.8.923.g4f94bf0d

Test: Functional test 

***Testing ENHANCE button for proper functionality ***

Expected Result: Button works as expected, adding songs to existing playlist than can be played and saved to playlist.

Actual result: Error: Spotify can't play tis right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Steps:

1. Opened app. 

2. Opened existing playlist.

3. Deleted few songs, added new songs to  the same playlist

4. Pressed "Enhance " button, to see songs available for the update on the playlist

5. Presses play button on the left side of the recommended song to play it.

6. An error occurred. 

7. Presses "+" button to add song to the playlist. 

8. Got confirmation message that song was added to the playlist, but interface didn't change (See attached screenshot)

Issue resolves after reloading playlist. Songs added to playlist before reload won't be added to the playlist

gebla

Issue seems to still be around

Windows 10

1.2.8.923.g4f94bf0d

jeremie974

Same issue here I tried to disable and enable and it didn't work. 

Not sure it work on the pc version either

iPhone 13 Mimi

Spotify

Version

antst0ny

Smart shuffle won’t work at all with new app update and that feature is not as good as enhanced. Please bring back enhanced button and please get rid of smart shuffle it sucks!

loopbg

I think the issue is related to the sorting applied prior of activating the "Enhanced".

I activated "Title" sorting and saw the issue. Than I switched off Enhanced, back to "Custom Order" and it got working. 

There's a mess around the list sorting and the Enhanced. Yet, with the default of "Custom Order", it would likely work good.

AlejaR
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!