Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist won't play when Enhance is toggled on

I have noticed that multiple people, throughout several platforms, have encountered a bug/issue where the playlist will not play when playing a playlist that has been enhanced.  

After testing it out for myself, i too have encountered the issue.

Here is how i encountered the bug.

1. Chose a playlist that hasn't been enhanced
  2. Played a song 
  3. Clicked on enhanced
  4. Song selected continues to play but next song stops playing and won't play unless enhanced is turned off. Also occurs if you try to skip or select a different song.

For those who have encountered the issue please upvote/comment your experience on this thread.

Happy Listening!

Keanu_C

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
chsteff

I had the same problem. I also had the problem that I could only play songs in a playlist, but not albums.

I fixed the problem by recreating the WMI repository:

Issues with playing tunes outside of Liked Songs o... - Page 23 - The Spotify Community

Harangen94

Please allow us to sort the way we want even if enhance is enabled - I don't mind that the enhanced songs are in the middle of every few songs, but I would like to start my playlist with the newly added songs, not the oldest songs!

When I add a new song to my playlists it's the songs I haven't heard as much and the ones I would like to hear first, so I don't keep listening to the same songs over years!

Yordan

Hi everyone,

We're no longer able to reproduce this behavior on our end. Could you confirm that you're still experiencing this issue? If so, please share the requested details from the Status Update as well as a short screen recording which captures the app's behavior in action so our tech folks can investigate further.

Thanks and cheers!

chluk2425

Hi @Yordan , the device I am experiencing is a very old device and I don't think it is being updated to the latest one. Is that the reason that it doesn't work on?

Yordan

Apologies for the late reply @chluk2425. It could be, although we can't say for sure, so it's best we look further into it. Could you provide the following details:

• Your device's make, model and OS version.
  • The version of Spotify you're running.
  • All troubleshooting you've tried so far.

If possible, try logging in on another device (a friend's or a relative's would do) to see if the issue persists there. If it doesn't, it's most likely related to that older device in particular. It's worth making sure that you're running the latest version of Spotify by following the steps in this article.

A short screen recording of the issue would also be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

sandmanbc71

Plan Premium

Country Canada

Device iPhone 5s - yes it is old, so am I, get over it.

Operating System iOS 12.5.6

Spotify version 8.7.4.1352

My enhanced playlist still won't work, but I know it is because I am using an old device.

It was working fine when the enhanced playlist first came out. So it was either a Spotify or iOS update that crashed it for me. Too bad I can't roll back to a version where it worked. Not a big deal, there are lots of other playlist and radio options I can use to hear different music.

amenlar5

I've the same problem, on desktop the playlist never loads, on Android I get the message "An error has occurred" or "There isn't an internet connection", I like a lot enhance future, don't get rid of that please.

Kelto881

Long time spotify user (10+ years). 

Enhance has ruined my user experience its so goddam annoying when you go into an offline mode (e.g catching public transport - underground or flying) 

My liked songs playlist has enhanced on and I can't switch it off - ever! the button just doesn't do anything

Then, When i go offline e.g in the situations above, I can't even enter the playlist because enhance is on and when i click the switch it off it just bugs back and doesn't work

How you could release such a invasive feature and execute so poorly is beyond me

This has been this way for 3ish months and ive just assumed you would fix the bug but no, first time in 10 years of use I need to login into your forums and complain. you are slipping and for first time - would I actually cancel premium? this makes it unusable in the most important music listening time for me (when im offline, travelling, nothing else to do on phone!)

ArinBlackheart

Wait, people still have enhance? I had smart shuffle shoved so far down my throat**bleep** it back out. Which, by the way, no one actually likes. I genuinely don't think there's a single positive message on the thread for the feature. 

randomguyhere

Im using windows 10 and I have the same issue.