Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist won't play when Enhance is toggled on

I have noticed that multiple people, throughout several platforms, have encountered a bug/issue where the playlist will not play when playing a playlist that has been enhanced.  

After testing it out for myself, i too have encountered the issue.

Here is how i encountered the bug.

1. Chose a playlist that hasn't been enhanced
  2. Played a song 
  3. Clicked on enhanced
  4. Song selected continues to play but next song stops playing and won't play unless enhanced is turned off. Also occurs if you try to skip or select a different song.

For those who have encountered the issue please upvote/comment your experience on this thread.

Happy Listening!

Keanu_C

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Keanu_C

Hi @nelson_redmond@SomeIdiot 

I have noticed that you guys aren't the only ones but it is occurring through multiple platforms. I have submitted an issue and please go here to upvote or submit how you've encountered the bug

Keanu_C

Keanu_C

Hi @DLang2 

I too have encountered the issue and have submitted an ongoing issue report. Go here to upvote this issue and/or to submit your experience 

Happy Listening! 

Keanu_C

Keanu_C

Just did a troubleshoot and have tried to recreate this bug on multiple platforms both on Andriod, Windows, and Mac OS. All platforms experience the same issue. 

ameliamacy

I'm experiencing the same issue on both Android, Windows, and iOS. The playlist freezes and after about ten seconds, a window pops up that says that the device is offline and the playlist can't be reached, even if the device does have internet. Just noticed the bug a few hours ago. 

kushaalnair

Ditto to everyone else mentioned in this thread. Enhanced playlists will not play on Android or Windows.

• On Android, it says the device is offline and not connected to Internet, even with a stable WiFi or mobile data connection.
  • Restarting the device will not rectify it.
  • Force restarting the Spotify app also does not change it.
  • On Windows, playlists become completely unresponsive when trying to play any song, Spotify chosen or manually added when Enhanced mode is active, and does not rectify until the Enhanced mode is switched off.
Jarr0_Cruz

I too have this since yesterday. I have only used my iPhone for music, so I have not yet tried other devices, but it looks like this is a common problem for other devices. 

Locust1

Similar issue that started today.  If Enhanced is turned on in IOS, I cannot select individual songs in the playlist or even click on the play button.

Once I turn off Enhanced, everything works fine.

Gschaefer612

Im having the exact same issue

Terppi

Exactly the same situation on my iPhone app. It might be linked to iOS 16.3 update since playlist tuning worked ok before that…

PiSquared_986

Having the same issue on iOS and pc, tried taking it off, enhanced, and then playing the playlist. Also, tried logging out, restarting the device, then logging back in.

it appears there is no workaround as of current for iOS, while still using enhanced