Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast episodes appear in alphabetical order in the queue

We've received reports that in the Desktop app, podcast episodes appear in alphabetical order in the queue, regardless of how you sort them. This occurs both on Windows and Mac.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant Help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
Yordan

Hi @brownieyh!

Could you confirm that you're doing the following:

1. Go to the podcast and set the sorting option to Oldest to Newest.
  2. Play an episode that you'd like to check out.

Note that if you change the sorting while an episode from the podcast is playing, the queue won't change automatically - you'll have to start another episode from the podcast, which would then create a new queue based on the sorting option you just set.

Cheers!

eac0017

Hi! I am experiencing this same issue on this podcast channel (owned within my organization): "Abordando Derecho."

Episodes are appearing out of order, apparently in alphabetical order -- should be newest-oldest. This deviates from the settings in our podcast content managing tool, where we've set our content to display newest-oldest. Other platforms where our channel feeds aren't experiencing the same issue, so it seems isolated to Spotify.

eac0017_0-1660661360304.png

Computer version: Windows 10 Enterprise

Spotify app version (mobile):  8.7.56

Eager for updates, and appreciate the help!

Vasil

Hey folks!

This should now be working correctly.

Make sure your app is updated & please check if the issue persists for you 🙂
Thanks!

Ricetantino

Hey there - So my initial post was moved from a previous thread to this one, a while ago. 

I am using Spotify on my Roku 

Version 2.9

Build 61

I just tried updating my roku app and it says it is up to date.  

I stopped using the app because of this whole sort issue.  Mine still plays Newest to oldest, which is not what I want to do!  

There seems to be NO WAY to sort episodes on the Roku app.  Is that true??

Which is a bummer because I really like the content on here, but it's not very user-friendly.  

ScottGeiger

@Vasil no it's not fixed.  There is still no option to sort by date descending (i.e oldest to newest).  The only options I have (Android App) are "Recently Saved" and "Release Date".  Here's a screenshot.

Screenshot_20220908-075938_Spotify.jpg

JNYYB

Wow, its finally fixed. Thank you.

I had never listened to podcasts on Spotify regularly because this bug.

Yordan
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant Help board here.

Have a good one!