Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast episodes in Queue not playing automatically

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports about podcast episodes not playing automatically one after the other in Your Episodes, playlists, Queue and the show itself. If there are 2 episodes queued one after the other, the second one gets skipped. If there are podcast episodes queued when playing songs, the podcast episodes are getting skipped. Some users report that when there's a podcast episode in the queue it will get skipped and will break the queue.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue!

We’re happy to confirm that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
97marno

Hello,

I can confirm that version 1.1.66.580.gbd43cbc9-a on Windows Desktop works as it should. 

Thank you! 

mk_line_noise

Yes!  Works for me on Android 11 spotify version 8.6.54.820.  Thank you!

yarger

Appears to be resolved for me with 8.6.54.820

Android 11

Galaxy note 20 ultra

Thanks,

Nate

KR59

It's now working for me too! 

I have an iPhone 7 now running version 8.6.56.1456

Thanks so much for fixing this!

shinousagi

I can confirm that the issue is resolved, using version 8.6.56.1456 on iphone!

benschicago

Queue is now working for podcasts, iPhone 12 mini, version 8.6.56.1456

Thanks for solving this issue!

kp920000

It’s working for me again! 

spotify version: 8.6.56.1456

iphone 12 / ios version:  14.7.1 (18G82)

Family Premium! 

Elena
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue!

We’re happy to confirm that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

shinousagi

This issue has started back up again. Podcasts will not auto play the next episode and trying to put them into a playlist doesn’t fix the issue. This is happening on iOS 15.3.0 and on the PC desktop app version 1.1.78.765.g5ea20b00.
Trying to hit the next button to advance to the podcast will take you back to the top/first podcast in a playlist instead of going to the next episode. 

I really hoped this issue was fixed.

EstebanBernal11

This is still an issue for me. Specially in desktop, but also sometimes in the mobile app. I'll play an episode from the show's page and once it finishes it won't play the following one, it'll skip to another episode from the same podcast, whether it's a newer or an older one. I like to binge several short-length podcasts, and this is making it really difficult, please look into it and fix it!