Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast episodes in Queue not playing automatically

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports about podcast episodes not playing automatically one after the other in Your Episodes, playlists, Queue and the show itself. If there are 2 episodes queued one after the other, the second one gets skipped. If there are podcast episodes queued when playing songs, the podcast episodes are getting skipped. Some users report that when there's a podcast episode in the queue it will get skipped and will break the queue.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue!

We’re happy to confirm that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Jeremy

Hi there @Ljvickers,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you let us know if this happen on one specific device or multiple devices?

Also - can you log in with a different account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

Alex

Hey @Ljvickers,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

You can try to run a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow this exact guide.

If that doesn't help, let us know if this is happening on all podcasts (regardless of sorting) and every device, or just your phone.

Keep us posted!

callean
I’m having the same problem on iPhone (my boyfriend does too). A clean reinstall didn’t work. I have the latest version as of date, 8.6.40. Please find a solution for this. Many podcasts are unfortunately only available on Spotify.
Eni

Hi @callean,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, did you activate the Autoplay option in the app settings?

If so and it still doesn't work, we suggest that you restart your device to check if that makes the difference. 

Also, we'd recommend checking if the issue persists with a different internet connection. 

Keep us posted. 

callean

Thanks for the quick reply! 🙂

Yep, autoplay is on. I’ve also restarted the iPhone and tried different internet connections without result. I’ve tried everything I can imagine… My desktop app has the same problem. 

But, as a last resort, I tried my old iphone, which had version 8.5.73 of Spotify. I listened to a podcast episode to see if the next one would autoplay - and it worked! But… then I installed version 8.6.40 on that iPhone too, and it stopped working. 😕

Clearly it has to be a bug in the latest version?

Ver

Hey @callean,

Thanks for the info 🙂

Just to double-check- does this happen also when you try playing songs or it occurs only with podcasts?

It's also a good idea to try creating  a new account here to check if anything changes. 

Keep us in the loop.

callean

It’s only podcasts. 

I created a new account about a month ago, linked to the old one in the duo solution. I share the duo account with my boyfriend and he’s got the same podcast problem in his account. I don’t understand how I could create a new account if I don’t want a completely new user and pay for it?

Ver

Hey @callean,

Thanks for the info 🙂

In this case we'd suggest you check the solution in this thread to see if that changes anything.

Let us know how it goes.

callean
Thank you. This solves the problem for me. 🙂 (And I feel really stupid for not figuring it out…) I think the problem for me (and perhaps other users?) is that this is not a problem in any other podcast apps I’m using (for instance Podcaster. The autoplay function works even when you play the episode after having clicked on that single episode. Perhaps it could be something for you to consider. 🙂
Eni

Hey @callean,

We're glad to know that it was sorted out and thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

Have a great day 🙂