Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast plays previous episode instead of the next

Hello everyone,

We've received reports that people been having issues with auto playing podcast episodes from oldest to newest. Podcast plays previous episode instead of the next one.

Hey folks,

We've tested this on our and can confirm that the issue has been resolved, so we'll set this one to Fixed.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
cmjordan
It is inappropriate to move my report of this issue persisting to another
closed thread with virtually the same title, and then mark this fixed. This
is not fixed. As this thread the other both note, podcast episodes are
enqueued and play in the opposite order.

Now the persisting issue has been swept under the rug and nothing will
drive it to be fixed.

This is not the way to manage a community and improve the quality of your
product, it's the way to lose customers.
Spaceboyuk

STILL broken on Windows desktop app... finish one episode and it plays the PREVIOUS episode.

Unable to listen to a podcast in the correct order!

c558c6yn1bbtwk5kc71f

I have the same issue and it was NOT fixed with last update!! I want to play podcasts oldest publish date to newest published date. Also have the app automatic play the next podcast in the queue. Mine stop after current podcast is played and I have to go back into my list and manually pick next episode to play.

This has been an issue since last year from what I have researched. I just switched to Spotify from Apple podcast app and this should be a simple fix.

Raven871
When listening to a podcast at the end of one episode it goes back to the previous episode and not to the next one. I've shutdown, restarted, tried a different player, changed to playlist options but it doesnt make a difference
Alex

Hey there folks,

If you're still experiencing this issue could you please provide us with the following info if you haven't already:

- Device model

- OS version

- Spotify app version

- Link/URI to the podcast

We've tested this extensively on our end, and the issue seems to affect only a number of users. After we have the necessary info we can troubleshoot this further.

Cheers.

c558c6yn1bbtwk5kc71f

Samsung S22 Ultra

Spotify: 8.8.0.347

Multiple different publisher podcasts added into "your library" / "your episodes", downloaded for offline use. Podcasts filtered oldest publish date at the bottom, newest at top.

Screenshot_20230116_070954_Spotify.jpg

tstirler

As of Feb. 6 2023 this is still an issue on linux.
Spotify version: V 1.1.84.716.gc5f8b819 Rev: 60

cooperbeaman

Samsung S22 Ultra

Spotify: 8.8.4.518

Newest on top, oldest on bottom for your episodes auto playlist. No option to sort and play oldest episode to newest.

Screenshot_20230206_152017_Spotify.jpg

davidramsay99

same here, issue still occurs and has been occurring for well over a year now, coming up on 2. This is happening on multiple machines.

Alex, if you're openly admitting that you can't replicate this, but see that customers can, I don't understand why you would mark this as mitigated/fixed. If the issue isn't fixed, then why mark it as fixed? 

Current setup:

- Device model: HP Zbook firefly 14 G8

- OS version: readily available windows KB, Win 11 Pro 22621.1105

- Spotify app version: Spotify for Windows
1.2.4.912.g949d5fd0

- Link/URI to the podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/6WUAPaOoEQwyseVZXqfwvq?si=89160ee489fd4ce9

schticklet

- Device model: PC

- OS version: Windows 11 Home with latest updates

- Spotify app version: Spotify for Windows
1.2.5.1006.g22820f93

- Link/URI to the podcast: This is happening on all podcasts, but here's one

https://open.spotify.com/show/6DdYNi0EakNKPDuONnWiam?si=e50f91d30e564255

Podcast episodes play from newest to oldest, regardless of how I filter or sort the episodes.

Current workaround is to use Spotify on my phone and select my desktop as the playback device.