Announcements

Podcasts on iPod

Is there some way to be able to listen to podcasts on an iPod?  I primarily listen to Spotify on my iPod -- hardly ever on my phone, as I can't waste phone data and battery life on something I could do on my iPod.  I'm finding it frustrating that I can't ever listen to podcasts and I'd like to know if there is an update that will let us do this.

Hey @kyaasnow! Thanks for your question!

Right now, it's not possible to listen to Podcasts on your iPod. But I'll let the right folks know this is something you'd like to see.

Let me know if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day!

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @kyaasnow! Thanks for your question!

Right now, it's not possible to listen to Podcasts on your iPod. But I'll let the right folks know this is something you'd like to see.

Let me know if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day!

supermueller

I do have an 6th generation iPod touch and I can’t listen to Podcasts. There are no Podcasts in the browse tab. If I open a link to a specific podcast, e.g. https://open.spotify.com/show/1OLcQdw2PFDPG1jo3s0wbp?si=eld65b36SRS3ruiXavEfgw, the app says that it can’t open that kind of link.

IMG_0333.PNG

Very frustrating …

pokeycd

This is a f**king joke. I have a 5th Gen ipod touch. I can't update to beyond ios 9.3.5 (or something like that). And the current Spotify requires ios10+. I don't know if that's why i can't do podcasts, but it's my first guess. My android phone works fine. but i'm getting ready to hike out of coverage tomorrow, and can't find a headphone dongle for my phone. So i dusted off my ipod and started charging it. Only to find that I cant access any f-ing podcasts... At All... Really? is it that hard? I guess I'll check itunes. And I'm on the family Premium plan. Im not going to cancel. but I'm not going to be using my ipod for Spotify anymore...

supermueller

Newest iOS (12.0) and Spotify (8.4.72) and still no Podcasts on my iPod. Hey Spotify: Podcast – iPod … do you get it?

andrejedyn

Same not an issue here. Can´t play podcasts on my iPod 6th gen. Is there some kind of legal obstruction on that? It's very frustrating. 

Env: prod