Possible account hack

Hello. Playlists and songs keep appearing in my Spotify premium account that I haven't selected and wouldn't normally listen to. For instance, I was listening to Clutch on my phone, paused the album, then when I came back to my phone it'd switched to a playlist and song I didn't recognise. (A playlist by DJ Hamida in this case).

This isn't the first instance of this happening, even though I still have full access to my account. There are at least 3 playlists right now in my playlist section that I don't recognise.

Has my account been hacked??

Hey @Jon79! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

It sounds like someone is using your account. Could you change your passwords and sign out everywhere here? Let me know if it happens after that.

Take care! :)

0 Likes
Comments
Huib
Community Legend
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @Jon79! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

It sounds like someone is using your account. Could you change your passwords and sign out everywhere here? Let me know if it happens after that.

Take care! :)

Jon79
Casual Listener

Thanks. I'll give that a go.

TatsuOnna

Thanks much for this post. I do not have premium but I've been experiencing my spotify showing me devices IE listening on Xbox One (I do not own one at all ) ... and my playlist changes. (No one has my info and this has been a recent problem). 

Thank you again to the original poster and for the forum reply. Cheers

Huib
Community Legend

Hey @TatsuOnna!

That's awesome to hear! Be sure to let me know if you need anything else! :)

@Jon79, how are you getting on with these steps? Are you still having issues?

Let me know! :)

Have an awesome day!

Jon79
Casual Listener

All good. Changed password and that fixed it. 😊 Thanks. 

Jar98302
Am listening to my rap playlist on my ps4 and suddenly the song has been muted for no reason i play again the same thing happens. it sometimes happens when there's kids outside. is it possible one of those pesky kids is hacking my account so i dont listen to explicit rap music i live in an apartment community theres lots of dumb kids outside some of them live above me