Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Student accounts showing as free in the app and web player

Hey,

We've received reports about the above issue which seems to be affecting all platforms and is happening mostly for users in the US.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
ezartix

Hey, I'm new to this whole thing but I came here because I saw a staff member posted this. Anyways, I recently bought spotify premium for students on my pc because it said that I could not upgrade from my iphone. When logging in with the correct account onto my iphone it says that I am still using on the free plan. I went back to my pc and sure enough on my pc on the account it said that I have student premium enabled. I was confued and went through many forums and they said to try signing in with the random numbers and letters that spotify generates as your username to sign in. So I went on my pc, copy and pasted the text onto my phone, logged out and signed back in using the spotify generated username. And still nothing. It still says that I am on the free plan. then I uninstalled spotify and reinstalled it and nothing. The last thing that I tried was restarting my phone and again nothing. This is very frustrating as the whole reason I wanted spotify premium was so that I can listen to spotify on my phone. 

ezartix

Plan

Student Premium

Country

United States

Device

Precision 3551, iPhone 13 pro

Operating System

iOS 16.6

My Question or Issue

Hey, I recently bought spotify premium for students on my pc because it said that I could not upgrade from my iphone. When logging in with the correct account onto my iphone, it says that I am still using on the free plan. I went back to my pc and sure enough on my pc on the account it said that I have student premium enabled. I was confused and went through many forums and they said to try signing in with the random numbers and letters that spotify generates as your username to sign in. So I went on my pc, copy and pasted the text onto my phone, logged out and signed back in using the spotify generated username. And still nothing. It still says that I am on the free plan. Then I uninstalled spotify and reinstalled it and nothing. The last thing that I tried was restarting my phone and again nothing. This is very frustrating as the whole reason I wanted spotify premium was so that I can listen to spotify on my phone. 

noelleee

i’ve been verified as a student it says i have premium on the website but not the app, my user matches on both the app and website,  it verifies i have the student premium plan but he website but on the app it says my plan is still free and i have no premium ability i get ads and only 6 skips and can’t play a specific song i just want premium bro

DMusich

Same issue with Premium Family members. Account info says free account then right below that it says you have a premium family acoount....

Gaby39

Me pasó lo mismo . Que puedo hacer ???

I have the student premium plan, and it works on my desktop, but when I log onto the app, it still says I have the free plan. Logging out and back in doesn't work, neither does deleting and reinstalling the app or logging in with my unique username. Every potential solution I have found has not worked.
5h2xztuznci1k7t42ft2

My student plan will not switch over to the app no matter how many times I try to log in and log out it always says I am using the free plan and when I look on the website it says that I have the student plan so I need some help with trying to get the student plan to work on the app.

31yksgtwqlmsn54ycbsg

I’ve had basically the same exact problem as everyone else on this thread, I went through all the troubleshooting steps with support and the problem persisted so they recommended keeping up with this thread for any new updates on the problem. That was back on Sunday and since then I haven’t even opened up the Spotify app. 

Just opened up Spotify today and the problem seem to be resolved with me being able to access Premium on all of my devices. Not sure if this was a special case or the dev team was able to resolve the issue but I recommend checking to see if the problem was solved for you as well. 

Kiril
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!