Announcements

Premium account, downloaded songs not playing

I've had a premium account with an iphone 7+ 128gb with plenty of space.  I've got about 1300 songs on a downloaded playlist (confirmed downloads) and more often than not, 2 out every 5 songs don't load or play...  they just stay at 0.00s instead of loading up.

I've re-downloaded, removed and re-installed the app, powered off the device...  not sure what else to try.

On a seperate note...  when I've re-downloaded, songs that were confirmed before are blanked out second time around.  What does this mean, the track has been removed from spotify?

Comments
jean3601
Status changed to: Closed

Hey there @Ger21!

When tracks are greyed out it means that they are not available on Spotify anymore. You can find out more about that here:  

Content Missing FAQ

Regarding the songs not playing, could you put Spotify into offline mode and then try play the songs? Here's how to put Spotify into Offline mode:

1. Go to "Your Library"
  2. Click on Settings
  3. Click on Playback
  4. Turn Offline on 

Do the songs play without waiting now or do they still get stuck at 0.00?

jean3601

Lee

Hey @Ger21!

As we haven’t heard from you in a while, we’ll go ahead and close up this thread in 48 hours.

If things still aren’t running smoothly though, just get let us know. We’ll see what we can suggest 🙂

Thanks

Lee

jean3601

Env: prod