Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pressing Volume Down button sets volume to Max on Alexa speaker

We've received multiple reports that when playing Spotify on Alexa powered Smart Speakers via Spotify Connect the volume gets set to maximum when pressing the Volume Down button on the connected mobile phone. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Zeekusa

While using spotify the phone volume controls work fine on other devices, only on Alexa the controls are reversed. Its very annoying!

Prague

Barking good to see you Zeekusa!

Some users have reported that when playing Spotify on Android app and connected to Alexa Dot, phone volume control does not change Alexa volume while viewing Lyrics in FULL-PAGE view. However, there is no mention of reversed controls.

Have you tried any of the following troubleshooting steps suggested by MihailY?

1. Re-link your Spotify account in the Alexa app.
  2. Reset the speaker groups.
  3. Reset the speakers.

Keep me pupdated,

-Prague the Dog

Shinedown78

So re-linking my Spotify account in the Alexa app has seemingly solved this issue, or at least it has for the past couple of days. GS22 latest Alexa and Spotify app versions. Will report back if it does not hold.

Ad_SoLo

I've the same trouble. 

It's not about the device where you play the music (Any Echo device acts the same; any of my android phones volumes up when turning down), and it only happens with Spotify app. I've tried with Amazon Music and works perfectly. 

It's a bug in the app that needs to be fixed.

kenl92

This is also happening on the iPhone app. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and just tapping up once on volume turns the volume all the way down on the Echo device. This is making the app pretty much useless to me currently. 

ccrowles

Also happened to me today, first time ever it happened. Spotify app on my Zenfone 9 running Android 13, connected to my Echo Dot. I tried to turn down the volume by the volume buttons on the side of my phone, and in return I saw the volume slider for the Echo Dot turn to maximum. Had to manually lower the volume by voice command. Tried multiple times, the issue kept happening. The only temporary (temporary!!!) fix is to force-stop the Spotify app and then relaunch it.

Shinedown78

Spoke to soon. Issue resurfaced couple of days later

Shinedown78

Any news on this, Spotify? Issue still resides and all fixes only seem to work temporarily...

Ad_SoLo

Hi MihailY, 

Could you tell us if there's any update about Spotify addressing this issue? 

I mean, it's not just a couple of people pointing at it, we are a lot that have this issue.

Ed

Same problem here using the echo and a pixel 7 pro. Please fix!