Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pressing Volume Down button sets volume to Max on Alexa speaker

We've received multiple reports that when playing Spotify on Alexa powered Smart Speakers via Spotify Connect the volume gets set to maximum when pressing the Volume Down button on the connected mobile phone. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
marciorg

Same issue here with Pixel 7 and echo studio 

Thisappsucksfixit

I am having this issue with my s22 ultra it's bull thst yoy haven't fixed it a month later.  

Robino3000

Same issue w/Z-Fold 4. Volume up/down reversed. Closing and reopening Soptify temporarily fixes the problem. Blew out a speaker. Using Echo speakers in group of three. Also when volume works, it resets some of the speaker volumes and i have to adjust manually on each speaker to rebalance. Not cool during a dinner party when the music suddenly BLASTS FULL VOLUME when im actually trying to turn the volume down!

thefannie

Same issue for me as well! 

Shinedown78

Same, I have my Echo Dot plugged into an amp which links into my expensive ceiling speakers, and I've been extremely worried that this issue could blow one of them.

adrqs

I'm facing the exact same problem. When I use the physical button to turn the volume down it maxes up the volume. This behavior is unbelievable infuriating, because my echo BLASTED the song in the middle of the night. It's ridiculous how such awful user experience is happening to so many people and nobody can give the attention this issue deserves other than generic "have you tried turning it off and on again?" -- an answer that sounds coming directly from The IT Crowd. 

I'm using an LG G8X with the Echo Dot. Already closed and reopened the Spotify app, turned off and on again the Echo device, unlinked and linked again my account... Nothing seems to work. I'd really appreciate if you guys could give proper attention to this issue!

Thanks!

Robino3000

FYI: This began happening to me about two months ago. Corresponded with the DJ update. Maybe a coinkydink.

Robino3000

This answer, while appreciated, does not work. Would someone from Spotify PLEASE address this?

Robino3000

Nope not open on any device except my phone

Alex
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

First, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps here. You should also check if there are any available firmware updates for your speakers and let those install, as a connectivity issue like this is often addressed in firmware updates. 

If after that you’re still having trouble with the volume control functionality, could you provide us with the following info:

• device model + OS version on your mobile device

• exact Spotify version

• device model and firmware version for your speaker
  • are you playing music on a single speaker or a speaker group
  • does the volume go to maximum if you try changing the volume from another device, like a PC?
  • when did you first notice this behavior?

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!