Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pressing Volume Down button sets volume to Max on Alexa speaker

We've received multiple reports that when playing Spotify on Alexa powered Smart Speakers via Spotify Connect the volume gets set to maximum when pressing the Volume Down button on the connected mobile phone. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Lyubka
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Joerndieckmann

Same here bug not fixed yet.

Pushing Volume-Button to reduce volume is doing exactly the opposite: the Echo Speaker are going to blast volume to the max, and setting volume low only  works only manual then!

lordthistle

I am unable to control the volume on an amazon echo device using Spotify on iOS (iPhone).

Actually, when I press either volume up or down the volume on the echo device goes up to max. Then it stops working: pressing the volume keys moves the slider but does not affect the volume.

this bug has been reported in the past: Spotify considers it solved, but it is not.

using an iPhone 13 Pro with the latest versions of everything. 

Prmr71

January 2024. This issue is most certainly not fixed. All apps are updated to the latest version. Either with the Galaxy phone buttons or in your app, in both cases all speakers immediately go to max volume and can only be set back by hand on the speaker itself. 

I don't understand why this has to take so long to fix. It seems like a major issue to me (or at least speaking for myself it really reduces the way I value and can use Spotify)

Joerndieckmann

I found out that you can better regulate the volume either by voice command or directly via the Alexa app. Admittedly, it's really cumbersome to first go into the app, then go to the music, then go to the speaker symbol, but it works better than using the volume buttons on the smartphone. But there still seems to be an interface problem between Spotify and Alexa. When I play music in a group, the volume is almost impossible to regulate. The Alexa app even shows the individual speakers in a group with individual volume control, but if you tap on one, the group volume setting goes completely crazy! So I don't know what the best workaround is. But it actually takes away from the enjoyment of listening to music. Especially multiroom!