Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung S20+

Operating System

OneUI 3.1 (Android 11)

My Question or Issue
Since the last update the progress bar (in "Now Playing") no longer moves and the display of the currently playing song is no longer updated - at least when I stream to my Sonos via Spotify Connect or using Chromecast.
I already cleaned the cache and reinstalled the Spotify app.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to on of the latest versions - 8.6.20 and 8.6.22.

If you're still having trouble, post below or even better, best to create a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
koepkep
Visitor

Same. Progress bar and track both work fine on iOS when casting with Chromecast/Google Cast so it seems to be an issue with the Android app.

aamp91
Music Fan
Me too, windows and android. It looks like problem with new android version 😕
titch71

Having the same issue although it looks like this coincided with upgrading my phone to android 11.  Never noticed the problem.  Handset is a Motorola G8 Power.

When casting to an echo or Google device the current song doesn't update not does the progress bar move, it even jumps back to 0:00 if you start casting to either device while playing a song and then goes to the correct time when changing back to the phone.

renoo

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Android (Samsung Galaxy S8+) & PC

Operating System

Windows 10, idk S8's

My Question or Issue

I just installed the PC version in hopes of fixing this issue but whenever i try to use my phone as a remote to change my song on pc, the song changes on my pc but on my phone nothing changes and the timestamp exceeds the limit of the song (i.e the song is 3 minutes and the timestamp says 10 minutes). When i use the webplayer, its normal as if nothing happened. how do i fix this? i had the same issue on the Microsoft store version. I have already deleted on both devices and restarted both devices (also cleared cache). I have also used like a hotspot to change networks and it still has this issue. 

Edit 4 hrs later: controlling webplayer by mobile no longer works as well 

jshn245
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Pixel 3a XL

Operating System

Android 11 build RQ2A.210405.005

My Question or Issue

Screenshot_20210415-235301.png

Screenshot_20210415-235333.png

If I use Spotify on my phone, it works fine. When I cast spotify either to Chromecast, my PC or nest speakers, it stops showing where in the song it is and the like button becomes unresponsive (it notifies me with a toast that I pressed like but the heart button doesn't change color or anything). After the song finishes, it doesn't even show me the correct song playing

Screenshot_20210415-235757.png

On my PC, everything is fine and it shows the next song that's playing on my Google nest speakers.

I've uninstalled the app, turned off my phone, waited 5 minutes, restarted and reinstalled the app, but the bug persists. 

I've had this bug since I did the latest Android update on my phone. 

Manokaiser
Casual Listener

This is getting even worst.

Not only phone doesn't update the tracks playing on spotify connect,  now the controls completely disappeared.

They're gone! 

These issues are reported all over the web and spotify is playing ignorant.

After several "clean installation" attempts and hours of frustrating fiddling with all possible settings it's pretty obvious they have released another corrupted update to a problem that seems persistent for years.

It's unbelievable,  the level of incompetency of some guys there is so ridiculous!

Mihail
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Manokaiser
Casual Listener

Samsung Galaxy A71 , Android 11,

Spotify 8.6.18.720

Thanx!

mafoo1981

I'm also having this problem. App is only showing the first track I play on my Google speaker, doesn't update the time during the playing of the track & then still shows the first track when playing other songs.

Aboscheri-nl
Casual Listener

I have the exact same problem

Motorola G9 Play, Android 10

Spotify version 8.6.18.720